Airshow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

thatpilotguy

The aircraft owner asked if we could change the logo on the airshow screen. After doing some research I discovered that Airshow wants a TON of money to change the logo.

Do any of you have an secret that you might like to share with me on how to change the logo and avoid the high costs?

Thx

thatpilotguy said:
The aircraft owner asked if we could change the logo on the airshow screen. After doing some research I discovered that Airshow wants a TON of money to change the logo.

Do any of you have an secret that you might like to share with me on how to change the logo and avoid the high costs?

Thx

I suspect you are treading into waters that neither you or the owner need to be in. Most of these companies are very aggressive when it comes to protecting both their intellectulal rights and technology capabilities. Don't know what your owner does for a living, but I bet if the tables were turned he would not appreciate someone going around him in this manner.

I am not the intellectaual property police, so don't get me wrong. It's just that high end users are more exposed to serious financial recriminations than some others. I could spend some serious time telling stories about obtaining STC's on Boeing equipment from large completion centers, that were a fraction of the cost that Boeing offered, only to have them all come back at a later time when we really needed Boeing to assist us in an upgrade.

Last edited:
thatpilotguy said:

Thx

how much is a ton?:)

As memory serves I was told that the new logo would be sent to the company in question, they would "burn" an update CD and send it back to us. The total cost was something like $1200.00. I know that most things in aviation have a high dollar value, but this seems excessive.

I think the last one I saw done cost 8000.00 so I would double check your numbers. this was for the new AS 4000 though.

cg

I'll try to pick up some software that will do the trick while I'm in China... :p TC

Latest resources

Back