• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airport Ready Reserve or Hot Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJ: 8 hours, no more than 4 consecutive and 10/month. 4 hr min day. Randomly assigned.

Close.
3 in row Max. 10 Month Max. 8 hrs on, Paid 4 hours plus per diem.
Assigned to people who bid reserve lines, whether senior or junior - although I hardly ever see senior people doing it.

Close.
3 in row Max. 10 Month Max. 8 hrs on, Paid 4 hours plus per diem.
Assigned to people who bid reserve lines, whether senior or junior - although I hardly ever see senior people doing it.

Damn, I couldn't remember the 3 or 4 max. And yeah, I forgot the $11 per diem.

I think it's the most junior 'contactable' (if that's even a word) at the time. In any form, it sucks and rather than actually be used in a productive manner it appears to be more gamesmanship than anything else.

SkyWest did not have Ready Reserve until the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. Management said it was a temporary program to keep things running smoothly during the Olympics. Management did not keep their word and R. R. has been around ever since. Jerry A is a very deceptive person. At Delta we don't have it and seem to do just fine.

SkyWest did not have Ready Reserve until the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. Management said it was a temporary program to keep things running smoothly during the Olympics. Management did not keep their word and R. R. has been around ever since. Jerry A is a very deceptive person. At Delta we don't have it and seem to do just fine.

Hmm. Wonder if a contract would have helped with that?

Pinnacle:

Coleman Tent.
Coleman cooler.
Coleman flashlight
Coleman Sleeping bag.
All of Coleman camping goods.

Hi!

My last US airline had ready reserve at the airport, 5 hours max, and then you went into crew rest, and to the bottom of the reserve board.

Normally, in freight ops, you were on reserve, with a 25 minute callout, and could be on reserve indefinitely, until called for a trip. My record was about 240 consective hours of reserve, and then paged for a trip.

cliff
NBO

Pinnacle.
9 hours long.
NO pay
NO per diem
NO limit on times per month
Can be changed from home reserve to airport reserve
They regularly fly you AFTER your RR period is ending

Industry worst, and effectively unchanged in the digusting TA.

Industry worst, and effectively unchanged in the digusting TA.

It wasn't unchanged in the TA. In the TA you could get put back on ready reserve after a flight assignment!

Hi!

I was Part 121, and had 240 hours of consecutive reserve once, which I think is a lot worse than 9 hours. Our reserve period had no end, unless you went on days off, called in sick, or were called for a trip.

That is a BIG reason I hope the new Flight/Duty/Rest rules are the same for all Part 121 pilots, and they don't leave Part 121 separate (or Part 125, Part 135, Part 91 Subpart K, 91 Subpart F).

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back