• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airport Friendly Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am looking for a good pair of shoes that are airport friendly. I had Rockport and they are great but not sure if the new ones are airport friendly.

I bought a pair of Neil M "Wyne" style. Very comfortable, and well made. A little pricey, but I think they are worth it. $200

cheers,
NAV

Thank ,

Some detectors are more sensitive, I want a shoe what looks good and is 100% airport friendly .

Also I do want a non slip bottom on the shoe. Most are leather bottoms .

Once again thanks for the responses .

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wear Clarks Unstructured. Soft sole, vented so limited foot sweat, many different styles, and never had a problem in the metal detector. How's training over there at G7, Outerlimits?

I wear Clarks Unstructured. Soft sole, vented so limited foot sweat, many different styles, and never had a problem in the metal detector. How's training over there at G7, Outerlimits?

Training is always ongoing but good thanks. I am also thinking of getting the Uflymike . What do you or ur buds think of it compared to the Bose20?

Thanks

Coincidentally, I just happen to own the QC15/uflymike combo as well.

Excellent setup. Crystal clear communication both between ATC and intercom. I should add that we use these with a hot mike, so I don't know how they work with voice activated intercom. Very little noise fatigue after a day of flying. It's surprising how many cockpit noises you pick up on that are imperceptible while not using these. Additionally, you can use them with iPods and computers (movies) while commuting. Sorry, I don't have any experience with the Bose20.

Good luck with your decision

Just two questions.

1. Is this the most tedious thread ever?

2. What underwear would be both airport AND date friendly?

Latest resources

Back