• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airport Friendly Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have timberland boots. Did not have much luck with the durability of the deer stags.

Ecco.

You'll pay $160 for them but they'll last YEARS.

Gup

+1
Just bought my 3rd pair since 2003- the other ones will look cheap now and cost the same or more over time-
1 point- get the slip ons- they're good for nonreving

Last edited:
Do much international there hotshot??? Nice try though!!

Nope - I stick close to home, snug as a bug in my own bed every night.

And I wear what ever boots I feel like on any given day. :)

You're freaking kidding, right?
Cowboy Boots??? what is wrong with you TX retards?

Though I think this thread has drifted far enough--I think it's funny how opinionated some people are about the footwear of others, and find it necessary to resort to name calling.

As far as boots go--some can pull off the look, others obviously can't. They are comfortable, quick to get on and off, and go through security just fine. I've seen plenty of people with black tennis shoes that look totally unprofessional.

For the record..I've never lived in TX, but I have kicked some sh!t around in an Iowa Rodeo.

CP.

Clarks. Very comfortable. BTW, the salesman showed me how to determine if the shoe has a steel shank. Pull up the footbed liner from the heel. If you see a small rivet, the shoe has a steel shank. No rivet, you're good to go.

+1.

Love my Clarks. I have the snazzy Touaregs and they feel great. $70 on sale at Belk.

4th Vote for Deer Stags, at JC Penny's. About $40. Very comfortable. I've been using them for over 8 years (a new pair about every 2 years). Never had any problems with metal detectors, keeps a good shine, and comfortable enough to do some serious walking while sightseeing on layovers.

Here's a hint- if you're average bar tab exceeds the price of your shoes- you might be spending your getting laid/keep your wife money in the wrong order...
:)

FWIW, was looking to buy a pair of new ECCOs but didn't know what "new" models are airport friendly; since they do not seem to mark them anymore. Long story short, was able to speak with an ECCO customer svc rep and they informed me anything that is "direct inject" sole are airport friendly and have the fiberglass shank. So far so good.

Latest resources

Back