• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airport Friendly Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Black Ariat roper boots. Just be sure to get the rubber soles, not the leather (leather slips like hell in the snow and ice). Most Western stores sell them for around $125. Very long lasting too.

You will get a lot of suggestions, some guys still even recommend boots (what are we, freakin sh!t kicken goat herders or are we pilots???). But like one other poster said, check out Zappos.com. Type in "airport friendly" in the search function and you'll get many options. Good selection, good price and very fast shipping. A lot of customer feedback will give you some comfort if you are concerned about siziing when ordering shoes online. I've been a Zappos customer for years and have been 100% satified.

Kenneth Cole (with Silver Technology). I believe they use a ceramic shank instead of metal. They are a little pricey but you can wear them with suits etc.

You will get a lot of suggestions, some guys still even recommend boots (what are we, freakin sh!t kicken goat herders or are we pilots???).

Agreed. Some look like they just came off the farm.

The most unprofessional looking are those wearing the boots with white thread lacing around the soles and a pair of cheap 'high water' pants to provide extra exposure.

Ecco, my first pair lasted 6 years.

You can find them at Nordstrom Rack...but it is hit or miss, I paid $35 for my current pair. If you can't find them they are worth every bit of the $150+ price.

I've used Footjoy Classics (Teaching Shoes) since 1987. Airport friendly and they last 6-8 years.

BUT NOT NOW!!!

The b@st@rds put a metal shank in my new pair! :bawling:

TC

Clarks. Very comfortable. BTW, the salesman showed me how to determine if the shoe has a steel shank. Pull up the footbed liner from the heel. If you see a small rivet, the shoe has a steel shank. No rivet, you're good to go.

Latest resources

Back