Airnet Upgrade Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jdlilfan said:
my lesson today was canceled because of an overcast layer of 2700ft and winds gusting to 16 knots right down the runway! Pattern Altitude is 1500msl and I could have really used the time to brush up on my 180 accuracy landings with a nice headwind.

I would say that there is no reason to not go out if you are a IFR/COM student. God forbid you get so experience in somewhat more challenging weather.

as for getting my money back? Well im trying to...I have been charged twice for rental flights I never took.

That sucks... Good luck.

I probably should have stayed out of this argument over whatever and from now on I will.

I have been on an imflamatory post rampage as of the last few days.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions... just remember that when you post online anyone can see them and you may get the BS flag thrown here and there.

See ya!

does anyone find it funny that these military guys gets so freaked out when they think their throne of superior flying is being challenged? they even read thing that are not there: not a single person has said "airnet pilots are the best in the world," but somehow they see that. these are the guys that tell stories like, "this one night i was coming aboard the carrier with one engine and half a wing. i never even saw the deck, man. and paddles never saw me, but it was an 'ok -3'." then they hear about airnet guys getting the job done and say, "those guys are reckless, but it's only checks." wow.

98% on time rate.....nothing else really needs to be said. Kinda worries me that these military type think it's reckless to find a way to get the job done. Thought it would be a sentiment we'd share but perhaps the military needs to start recruiting from the freight side in order to find people who won't cancel at the drop of a hat. Sir no sir, I can't defend the country right now cause there's some scary looking weather out there.

osu_av8r said:
98% on time rate.....nothing else really needs to be said. Kinda worries me that these military type think it's reckless to find a way to get the job done. Thought it would be a sentiment we'd share but perhaps the military needs to start recruiting from the freight side in order to find people who won't cancel at the drop of a hat. Sir no sir, I can't defend the country right now cause there's some scary looking weather out there.

So what's your experience with military flying?

Are you implying the all the fighter pilots flying for the majors should be pulling G's and taking chances in order to get the "98 on time rate".

Your argument is retarded.

Peace.

USMCAirWinger said:

Are you implying the all the fighter pilots flying for the majors should be pulling G's and taking chances in order to get the "98 on time rate".

Peace.

Guess that's the difference between the way we operate. You regard it as "taking chances" when we are just relying on experience and excellent training. Sorry you don't have enough confidence in your abilities and decisions.

USMCAirWinger said:

what's your experience? if i remember right you wanted to go to cape air? thats not a typical path for a military guy.

btw, airnet guys don't pull g's or take chances, they just get the job done. 3 accidents in over 20 years, compared to fighter jocks chuckin' jets like they are toilet paper. you tell me who's safer.

C-141/C-5 said:
I didn't intend to brag. I was just trying to validate my credentials, so no one thinks i'm some 1000 CFI with 15 hours of actual IFR trying to talk about something that they have no clue on. Hopefully, you can learn from this

Now I'm sure that people's profiles aren't always updated, and don't necessarily reflect their total time and experience, but if you really have 1800 hrs and a comm rating.... how many hours of actual IFR do you really have? It's gotta be over about 17 or so before you can really have much of an opinion.

microbrewst said:
btw, airnet guys don't pull g's or take chances, they just get the job done. 3 accidents in over 20 years, compared to fighter jocks chuckin' jets like they are toilet paper. you tell me who's safer.
Not to bust your balls but I think it was 4 fatal accidents (1 wake turb, 1 fire, and 2 fell asleep). Nevertheless people need to remember this before they critisize Airnet. When you look at the number of operations and hours flown that is almost an impecable safety record. So all you condescending know-it-all's remember that before you try demean the way that the Airnet freighters fly. Perception is not necessarly reality.
WDR11

The bottom line for all of us to remebmer is this:

military pilots hate civilian pilots, and everyone hates freight dawgs. Civilian pilots are seen as inferior while freight dawgs are seen as not even being human. there is nothing that any of us civilian freight dawg pukes could say to get these military pilots to correct the rectal-cranial inversion they seem to be suffering from. So we might as well all just shut up and accept our places in the hierarchy of life, because while we all know our skill levels and know what we are capable of, NOBODY ELSE CARES. Especially those who have stripes or fancy pins on their jacket because they believe themselves to be God (after all, someone with more stripes or fancier pins told them so).

Ya know, I have a fair amount of respect for those who serve in the military and do a very dangerous job that I really do not have any desire to do. But it's arrogant jerks like C141 and USMCairwinger that make me lose that respect.

Latest resources

Back