Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FoxyWhiskey

For the freight guys & gals:

My younger sister is just starting out, hoping to fly cargo and is considering Airnet. I flew regional for 4 years and don't know much about flying freight. She is at around 500TT MEL Instrument. I was hoping to find out what the possibility of her getting a base west of the rockies (pref. SoCal), as well as QOL.

If anyone can shed some light on Airnet...general info about newhire bases especially....will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

-FW

I'm sure guys who are better informed than I will chime in soon, but I think for entry level freight west of the rockies, you probably want to look at Ameriflight rather than Airnet. I don't think AMF does SICs, but they do have an instructor program that will allow her to teach until she has 1200. Last I heard Airnet's piston stuff was mostly out east and their SICs had more than 500 hours. Good luck.

Where is the Prince? He will know! While your at it.... care to do some burninating?

Last edited:
My information is slightly over a year old, but as far as I remember there are no prop bases any further west than Tulsa or so. The SIC program prefers people that are 1000 TT, but if there is enough demand for pilots they'll take people with less than that.

QOL isn't too bad depending on the base you get. TEB and BDL can be rough because the cost of living is brutal. THe environment there is pretty dynamic, so there have probably been mountains of changes since I left a year ago. One of the current starcheckers would give more accurate info.

we just opened prop bases in PHX and BFI. she won't be able to get those until 1200tt because they are carvan runs. all sic's are on the barons which stay east of the rockies. however, once she gets het 135 mins, getting either one of those runs will be easy. right now we are having to give guys extra pay to fly those runs on temporary assignments (no one wants them because all of airnet's pilots are from the mid-west or east coast). with her time now it will be much easier to get hired by airnet rather than ameriflight. qol is what you make of it. hourly pay for prop sic's is something like $7.50. hope that helps.

Did those Vans in PHX and BFI replace the jets that were out that way?

Latest resources

Back