Airnet has GIV's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rick James

Was deadheading on my airline yesterday when a guy with a heavy German accent introduced himself to me. The guy was in uniform and started to tell me that he flies a GIV for Airnet in their charter division. I really did'nt pay that much attention until he wanted to ride in the jumpseat,which I was in, and commented that "there is only one?". I asked if Airnet was part of CASS to which he responded "of course". Worst part of the whole deal is that he was giving the FA such a hard time that she called up front several times to complain.
I'm not ragging on Airnet pilots at all, but this guy seemed fishy and super pushy. How do you not know that an RJ has only one jumpseat? Is Airnet part of CASS and do they have GIV's? Thanks for the replies, sorry if I'm way off base here but the whole thing does'nt pass the smell test.

airnet hasn't taken delivery of the g4 yet and airnet is not part of cass yet. do you remember this guy's name? i'm betting he's bogus.

microbrewst said:
airnet hasn't taken delivery of the g4 yet and airnet is not part of cass yet. do you remember this guy's name? i'm betting he's bogus.
I would have thought he was bogus as well if he was'nt so savvy on systems. He was talking about the RCCBs on the new Global Express and all kinds of other stuff I dont care about. I probably should have paid closer attention to his name but his accent was so heavy I could'nt tell, and no nametag on the uniform.

just found out that no one has been hired to fly the g4 yet. systems or not, he's b.s.
also, airnet's charter side doesn't have uniforms. they just wear a shirt and tie. if there is anyway to get his name off the rider list let me know.

Hey Rick,

Did you see an Airnet Badge?
Us JR guys wear Airnet badges and if he had one, we would like to know who this person is if you can get the info.
We don't need Dumba**es messing up things for Airnet/JetRide.
PM me if you can,
Thanks

AirNet has been advertising for GIV pilots for a jet that is to be managed soon by them. My guess is that this guy may have been a pilot for this plane that is to be managed, is expecting to stay with the plane and be brought on by JetRide. I believe this has happened before, possibly with the Challengers. He may end up being employed by AirNet/JetRide but is not officially yet and is just jumping the gun on his privileges.

JJET44 said:
Hey Rick,

Did you see an Airnet Badge?
Us JR guys wear Airnet badges and if he had one, we would like to know who this person is if you can get the info.
We don't need Dumba**es messing up things for Airnet/JetRide.
PM me if you can,
Thanks
I'm working on it and I'll shoot you a PM as soon as I can find out a name. Thanks.........

Yeah Rick please do what you can to find out who this idot was. We will pass on the info to the right people and get this straightened out. This kind of crap shouldn't happen. Unfortunatly, there are always bad eggs in every pilot group, we just need to know who so we can :smash:. PM us if you can. I am sorry for any trouble this caused.

I was at the old facility of Airnet's in Columbus last week. It looked closed up and I was wondering the status if someone from there can tell me.

Latest resources

Back