Airnet citizenship question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
starchkr said:
Ahhh don't mind that pansy a$$ momma's boy who's too afraid to get a little dirt on his perfectly manicured little girl hands! Flyin' a computer is much easier than flyin' freight. He's just jealous that any of you freight dogs (and maybe a few of us recent freight dogs turned computer programmers) can fly circles around him all night long.:D

Nice flame bait though RJDC...

Well Said starchkr.

BTW how is the Airbus treating you??

Bigboy.

He's probably a whore just like his moms!! One of these 0 time to right seat in less than 6 months making less than 60k flying left seat for Pinnacle or Mesa. If you asked him to file a flight plan or pull up weather w/out a link he couldn't fly.
"The academy"!!! Air Force, Navy? Probably not. Rodger Ramjet's F-over the industry Academy!!

I went from flying the RJ at Indy to flying a LJ-35 with JetRide, Airnet's alter ego, and I have to admit that I was ahole and elbows in the sim and for the first 50 hours in the plane. My sim partner (a Baron Capt for cargo) did a bang up job, better then I did in my opinion.

Last edited:
JackpotJob91 said:
Hey mate, I used to work for Airnet and I'm a Brit, born in South Shields Tyne n Wear. If you have a green card or legal right to work in the US it is by far the best way to hone your skills into becoming a top notch aviator. I was there for almost 5 years and flew everything from Barons, 310's, Navajo's until ultimatley becoming a Lear Capt.

I want to work at Airnet. I'll be done with my commercial certificate in late spring. From your description, it sounds like I want to get as much single pilot IFR experience as I can before applying. Do you have any other suggestions for what other specific kinds of experience Airnet especially likes to see? When I start applying, I'm going to be low-time, and I want that time to be as relevant as possible, so I can be a more attractive candidate, but also to avoid washing out.

Thanks!

-Christine

Mmmmmm....biting tongue....mmmmmmm can't...do...it....anymore....but i have to!! More attractive candidate huh, well you already have an advantage there. That's all i will say...but to the rest of your post...don't worry about the single pilot IFR time, get your instructor ratings and go teach. That will teach you a lot in itself, and then apply to Airnet and let them teach you what you will need to know to fly on your own during those difficult times. As far as what they like to see, they like instructors, so go that route for a little while and then apply, you don't need to do it for years, just for a little while to get your feet wet and then give them a shot.

Bigboy....What's up bud! The Airbus is quite the machine. I never knew that an airplane could be that smart! That darn thing knows everything. It is quite a bit bigger than the good ole 35, and the potholes i left in a few runways will attest to that, but hey it is one heck of a good flying bird. I never knew there was such a thing as turbulence before i came here either, before it was just something to help keep me awake, now i actually have to do something about it. Overall, it's a blast.

How is your airline treatin you? Still up in Chicago?

starchkr said:
Mmmmmm....biting tongue....mmmmmmm can't...do...it....anymore....but i have to!! More attractive candidate huh, well you already have an advantage there. That's all i will say...but to the rest of your post...don't worry about the single pilot IFR time, get your instructor ratings and go teach. That will teach you a lot in itself, and then apply to Airnet and let them teach you what you will need to know to fly on your own during those difficult times. As far as what they like to see, they like instructors, so go that route for a little while and then apply, you don't need to do it for years, just for a little while to get your feet wet and then give them a shot.

Hey, if that's what it takes, I'll show them some leg. But seriously, my goal is to have my CFI this fall. I'll be instructing only part time, so it's kind of depressing thinking about how long it's going to take to get competetive hours wise. Thanks for the advice --

-C.

starchkr said:
Bigboy....What's up bud! The Airbus is quite the machine. I never knew that an airplane could be that smart! That darn thing knows everything. It is quite a bit bigger than the good ole 35, and the potholes i left in a few runways will attest to that, but hey it is one heck of a good flying bird. I never knew there was such a thing as turbulence before i came here either, before it was just something to help keep me awake, now i actually have to do something about it. Overall, it's a blast.

How is your airline treatin you? Still up in Chicago?

Still with the same airline, Been based out of the country the past four months( 2 weeks on, then 2 weeks off at home in Chicago), but starting in the middle of April I will be based back in Chicago. So over all Can't complain.
Fly Safe.
Bigboy
:)

RJDC said:
My flight instructor at the academy told me "in this job your first priority is to NOT get dirty". That would rule out Airnet or any other 135 freight scum job where you have to throw bags of checks or load car parts.

So are you from Comair, Pan AM, FSI, or Riddle?

We may be freight scum, but we can fly circles around your RJ in our Barons AND look good while we do it.

Well of course I do, thanks for noticing. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back