Airnet citizenship question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ukaviator said:
Hey thanks you guys for all the posts, while i have your undiveded attention ..... i noticed on the Airnet site they say work schedules run from 8pm to around 6am Mon-Thurs. Well ive noticed that a couple of the jets fly out of Atlanta between 6.30am and 7.00am.

Is this schedule one of a kind or are there others like this? just curious
A majority of our runs are between 8pm and 8am, however there are a few day runs around. The flight your talking about is arriving in ATL at that time though.

Hey mate, I used to work for Airnet and I'm a Brit, born in South Shields Tyne n Wear. If you have a green card or legal right to work in the US it is by far the best way to hone your skills into becoming a top notch aviator. I was there for almost 5 years and flew everything from Barons, 310's, Navajo's until ultimatley becoming a Lear Capt.

If you've got the will to be out there grinding it out in any weather, at night, solo, 4 night a week, you love having your weekends off and being home every day, you'd rather hand fly your bird 'cos its makes you a better pilot than letting "George" fly at 400ft agl, and you'd rather be doing that than being a switch bi%$h in the right seat of an RJ. Then I say go ahead and do it, and you'll love every minute of it.
Contrary to belief of 800hr flight instructors (who don't know there arse from there elbow and have never hand flown an ILS to mins) who go straight to a regional so they can show off there 19000K a year stripes and say they would never go to Airnet (or any freight company like that) because there MX is shoddy, have obviously never stepped on an Airnet ramp. You can roll onto the ramp at LCK with a 10 min turnaround and a MX issue and the crack team of mechanics will have it fixed, switched out, or put you in a different aircraft.
Their training is exellent but tough, If you're not up to scratch, you'll wash out. I've heard of more people washing out of Airnet than I have of the regionals. But of course its their job to train pilots not aircraft systems managers. Then send them out in a complex steam gauge twin. Alone. And these aircraft are not young. Well maintained, but older than dirt.

With your regard to Fr8 guys moving to the Jet Ride side. Its done all the time. Jet Ride bids come up on a bid sheet and are offered to Airnet pilots first then they go to the street. Of course the bid doesn't mean the spot is yours there is still an interveiw process. At least that was how it was when I left in October.

When I left there were 4 or 5 Brits there. Two on the Jet Ride side. But all started as Fr8Dogs. Sh1t I'd still be there If I hadn't been offered a Jackpot Part91 job. I still miss the hell out of the flying though.

Hope you get the opportunity to join Airnet and become a fine aviator.

Flying cargo is a great way to further your experience, in regards to right to work vs. citizenship, a green card is ok however, with all the DOJ requirements that resident aliens have to comply with to fly aircraft requiring type ratings you may want to consider citizenship down the road.

This is the road I personally took, I simpy felt that if and when I move on from my current position, It would be one less hurdle for any future employer who would be mad enough to hire me to go through!

My flight instructor at the academy told me "in this job your first priority is to NOT get dirty". That would rule out Airnet or any other 135 freight scum job where you have to throw bags of checks or load car parts.

RJDC said:
My flight instructor at the academy told me "in this job your first priority is to NOT get dirty". That would rule out Airnet or any other 135 freight scum job where you have to throw bags of checks or load car parts.

All ive ever done is fly freight, and i can tell you its not a 'scum job'. Most freight dogs will tell you its the most fun flying they've ever had and it really hones your skills as a professional pilot.
As far as getting my hands dirty .... thats just funny .... what has this world come too when a man would rather be sucking down a foamy latte whilst giving themselves a manicure watching a computer screen, through fear of a little dirt!!!!

oooohhh pass me the lotion ......:laugh:

RJDC said:
If you are representative of the Regional Airline profession then the individual who interviewed you and the company you currently fly for sure goofed!

RJDC said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice flaimbait inconsiderate scumbag cocksmoker.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahhh don't mind that pansy a$$ momma's boy who's too afraid to get a little dirt on his perfectly manicured little girl hands! Flyin' a computer is much easier than flyin' freight. He's just jealous that any of you freight dogs (and maybe a few of us recent freight dogs turned computer programmers) can fly circles around him all night long.:D

Nice flame bait though RJDC...

starchkr said:
Ahhh don't mind that pansy a$$ momma's boy who's too afraid to get a little dirt on his perfectly manicured little girl hands! Flyin' a computer is much easier than flyin' freight. He's just jealous that any of you freight dogs (and maybe a few of us recent freight dogs turned computer programmers) can fly circles around him all night long.:D

Nice flame bait though RJDC...

Agreed!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back