Airnet base seniority question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Msp?

Really looking into AirNet, and willing to live anywhere.

But, would like to eventually move back to Minneapolis/St Paul.

What's it take (in terms of seniority) to get based here?

Thanks.

I am the current IND pilot, and my run was just awarded to a transitioning SIC. From talking to him, he will not be going anywhere anytime soon. Two LUK runs were just given to newer hires, and the last run is occupied by a pilot with about 6-8 months to go until the jet. Same for the SDF pilot (6 months or so until upgrade). The STP bases seem to come open fairly regularly - at least every couple of months. Also, the BHM runs are open alot, and people seem to love it when they go down there. Just come prepared for anything!

Thanks.

So there is hope, that'd be nice.
Any complaints about AirNet that someone in my position should be concerned about?

t

Foldem said:
So there is hope, that'd be nice.
Any complaints about AirNet that someone in my position should be concerned about?

t

oh I'm sure you'll hear plenty of complaints about AirNet, there's lots of people on these boards that hate the Starcheckers and can't wait to see them fall.

Princedietrich said:
oh I'm sure you'll hear plenty of complaints about AirNet, there's lots of people on these boards that hate the Starcheckers and can't wait to see them fall.

Yo Prince, Don't say that man. Although that may be true, Starcheckers can fly circles around anyone, anyday. As someone once told Guillotine over the radio in TEB when he made it in at mins and no one else did: AIRNET ROCKS!!!! It's the best flying you will ever do. Fun, great people to work with and there is always light at the end of the day. Oh wait, I guess that should be, there is light at the end of the tunnel, whoops. If you can get on with AirNet, DO IT!!! The starting pay is GREAT relative to regionals and it will make you a better pilot. Well, Guillotine and I bring those statistics down. I saw my training packet that was sent to the regionals. Awww, reliving those training comments was great. It's humbling to think how many times I crashed the sim. The best was impressing the Simuflite guys. They hadn't seen someone hit BOTH tiptanks in a while on a crosswind landing in the Lear. Thank goodness I did that in the sim, it humbled me enough to giving a crosswind landing up to the Captain one night in CMH when another unlucky FO got to burn rubber in N27TT. It was pooring and the winds were howling. Plus, having two Southwest guys in the back really made me reluctant to give up the controls and not embarrass myself too bad. It's all about networking. And of course, KM made the landing look like a walk in the park.

USC328

Oh I'm not saying that we're not the best at what we do. hell it's probably why so many people resent us.

That and the fact that our executive management is a bunch of morons and the passenger charter part of the company looks down on the freight dawgs like they're the scum of the earth.

You better believe I am the best at what I do - air drumming while driving with my knees. You have to set the cruise if you want to work the bass pedal, though.

My only complaint about Airnet is that USC328 doesn't work here anymore.

Philly Approach: "guillotine007, you are following a USAir 737 2 o'clock, 4 miles"
Guillotine007: "roger, I have the chapter eleven in sight"

True story, see ya.

Whoa, guys lets get something clear. Most of the guys on the passenger charter side used to fly on the cargo side. All the guys at our base came from the cargo side....some more directly than others but we all flew checks for Airnet at some point. My first gig was out of BUF I started in November, baptism by fire so to speak, 1200 hours, 30 kt x-winds, 3 ft of snow, flying uphill both ways....you get the idea.

I think more than 50% of the pilots at Jetride came from the cargo ranks. I personally have tremendous respect for any pilot who comes into Airnet with 1000 hours and sticks it out long enough to make it in to a Lear. If I see that on a resume I know what kind of pilot the person is.

Any Jetride guy who thinks the cargo guys are "scum of the earth" has his head up his ass. On the flip side sometimes I feel like the cargo guys forget that a lot of the guys flying passenger are actually old freight dawgs. Bottom line we are all on the same team and the Jetride side takes ask much pride in provideing the best customer service possible as the Airnet side takes in hitting deadlines.

Latest resources

Back