Airnet base seniority question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MNR said:
Whoa, guys lets get something clear. Most of the guys on the passenger charter side used to fly on the cargo side. All the guys at our base came from the cargo side....some more directly than others but we all flew checks for Airnet at some point. My first gig was out of BUF I started in November, baptism by fire so to speak, 1200 hours, 30 kt x-winds, 3 ft of snow, flying uphill both ways....you get the idea.

I think more than 50% of the pilots at Jetride came from the cargo ranks. I personally have tremendous respect for any pilot who comes into Airnet with 1000 hours and sticks it out long enough to make it in to a Lear. If I see that on a resume I know what kind of pilot the person is.

Any Jetride guy who thinks the cargo guys are "scum of the earth" has his head up his ass. On the flip side sometimes I feel like the cargo guys forget that a lot of the guys flying passenger are actually old freight dawgs. Bottom line we are all on the same team and the Jetride side takes ask much pride in provideing the best customer service possible as the Airnet side takes in hitting deadlines.

Yeah... what he said!

Latest resources

Back