• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airman closed until further notice..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just heard back from Airman...er...Key Bank about Airman.

They're screwing me for half of the $10,860 that Airman took from me.

I'm pretty upset, but...I guess I should be happy Key is eating half of it too. I do have an attorney looking into it, but...it could be worse.

-mini

Apparently, Jerry Carroll has filed for bankruptcy, but there aren't any assets for creditors like employees or students to recieve payment from...

I must be cursed........I went to Airman last year for CFI & CFII and now they have folded...........Some years ago I went to Bolivar Tennessee and they went belly up as well

"Unearned income" laws for flight schools?

bytheseatofmy said:
I must be cursed........I went to Airman last year for CFI & CFII and now they have folded...........Some years ago I went to Bolivar Tennessee and they went belly up as well

I think I read somewhere that Tennessee now has a law requiring flight schools to put students' money in an "unearned income" account that they cannot touch until they have provided their end of the bargain, i.e. the flight training. Was this in reaction to the Bolivar school, or was it somewhere else? Can't remember the name of the town in the article I read.

Seems like Oklahoma ought to get the ball rolling on some similiar legislation...not that it would do any of the Airman victims any good, but still...

Also, how many times has this scenario played out with schools/lending institutions across the country? From what I hear about Florida alone, it seems like an epidemic among flight schools. I bet there are at least a few hundred students out there with varying degrees of loss. I think the most recent before Airman was Tab Express--big ouch there--and it couldn't hurt to collaborate and share experiences/information with those guys and others like them. If anything, it shows the banks (primarily Key) a bigger number of students hurt by these schools dropping the ball and possibly attract the attention of the federal attorney general, or at least bring a larger public awareness to what's happened and what I imagine is probably going to keep happening otherwise.

Well, that's my pipe dream anyway.

MFR

bytheseatofmy said:
Damn man you're bad luck!

MFRskyknight said:
I think I read somewhere that Tennessee now has a law requiring flight schools to put students' money in an "unearned income" account that they cannot touch until they have provided their end of the bargain, i.e. the flight training. Was this in reaction to the Bolivar school, or was it somewhere else? Can't remember the name of the town in the article I read.

Seems like Oklahoma ought to get the ball rolling on some similiar legislation...not that it would do any of the Airman victims any good, but still...

Also, how many times has this scenario played out with schools/lending institutions across the country? From what I hear about Florida alone, it seems like an epidemic among flight schools. I bet there are at least a few hundred students out there with varying degrees of loss. I think the most recent before Airman was Tab Express--big ouch there--and it couldn't hurt to collaborate and share experiences/information with those guys and others like them. If anything, it shows the banks (primarily Key) a bigger number of students hurt by these schools dropping the ball and possibly attract the attention of the federal attorney general, or at least bring a larger public awareness to what's happened and what I imagine is probably going to keep happening otherwise.

Well, that's my pipe dream anyway.

MFR

There, was a school in Troutdale, OR where I received 98% of my private training they changed owners sold all airplanes it took a while to get money I had on account with them back, Went back after they received 2 new diamond airplanes discussed Instrument rating & walked away they sounded like crooks! Well 9 months later the Sheriff shut them down for fraud or & sized a bunch of stuff is the story, Noone really knows! All we know is the sheriff ect. locked up their building. They left a note on the door!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytheseatofmy
dang man you're bad luck!
Or extremely lucky...

I am lucky..........you wouldn't believe how lucky I have been over the years!!!
And yes,the legislation in TN came as a direct result of Bolivar Aviation.

Latest resources

Back