• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airlines to Fractionals questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You get a solid "B," but you had better work on that if you're going to take the reigns as resident grammar-Nazi. :D

But I didn't notice any of those mistakes!

I have to admit to a bout of drinking and posting. Sorry, it happens...

glass - drinking and posting is against the law in some states. Make sure you're careful out there.

At hand, though, this guy says he's been at PSA for a year and a half, but on reserve with no line to fly and 40 hours/month. I can understand why he's not that happy. Also, he only has 1500 hours. He can't apply to most of the fracs until the magic 2500 hours and ATP, so he'll get the experience of another 1000 hours before he's even eligible.

BTW, CA - that was a funny f'ng post. Sorry, glass...it was pretty funny.

At hand, though, this guy says he's been at PSA for a year and a half, but on reserve with no line to fly and 40 hours/month. I can understand why he's not that happy. Also, he only has 1500 hours. He can't apply to most of the fracs until the magic 2500 hours and ATP, so he'll get the experience of another 1000 hours before he's even eligible.

If he's stuck on reserve indefinitely and only logging 40 hours per month, he might need about 25 months (just over 2 years) to get to the "magic" 2500-hour mark.

Okay, first; Grammar. "and flew my butt of fligt instructing". I assume you meant you, "flew your butt OFF flight instructing."

That aside. You claim to have "flown your butt off" yet you only have 1,500 hours total time? I'm sorry. I just sense a bit of intitlement. Fly your regional for awhile. Get off your build up / reserve line and get some experiance. I respect the fact that you don't like it right now but hey, you're on reserve! Being junior sucks no matter where you are. Get some stick time, LEARN, and then assess where you want to go.

Flame Disclaimer: I know, I jumped right on this guy. However, with his super low time I feel there are MUCH better qualified pilots at the regionals to decide that they don't like it and decide to come on over to the fracs. Let him get some experiance at the new job he has and then decide if he likes it or not.

FIRST! Why don't you go back to the shed with the rest of the tools!

Sorry I forgot the F in "OFF" but I have an F for you right now "go F yourself"

Do you have nothing better to do then get on here and try and make yourself feel all big and bad because you have more hours then me?

Dude check the previous posts... I know I don't have the time/experience to even apply... I was the first to say it!

Second @sshole, I'm not someone that needs to sit in my current position for years on end to be able to have the common sense to say "this is a crap job"

Come work over at PSA for a few months, and see what you think of the place.

Just another quick example: The most senior line either has 14 or 15 days off but if you want weekends off forget those lines, to get all weekends you need to bid a line with around 12 days off. How do you think the guys that have been here for 15 year (why I have no idea but there are lifers) feel about the company building the lines like that. That is just a small example of the crap that goes on over here.

The list goes on and on... As far as regionals go this is one of the worst. AND trust me I know they all suck but this is worse then what most of my friends at others have had to put up with.

* Super low time - Flew my ass off - I know I'm not intitled to anything, I'm on here asking questions to come up with some GOALS! I did fly my ass off, maybe it wasen't for the amount of years you approve of, and maybe you're just bitter because you had to fly your ass off for longer, but I did fly my ass off for awhile. And that was not my point. My point was that I was making good progress but ever since I got to PSA I've been moving at a snails pace.

Just for your Info: I went to all ATP's with zero time. and finished all my ratings (multi engine instrument instuctor) in 5 months. Flew evvery (go on tell me there are too many V's) day and sometimes twice a day to get done quickly. Had two months off after I finished then got the call to come instruct for them. Flew 100 hours a month instructing and got hired at PSA 14 months after I started my first day at ATP. So if thats not busting my butt to get to my goal then I don't know what is!

Say what you want about the school or about how low mins are to get hired at a regional, times have changed and thats what the market is right now... The point is I knew the goal and I did what it took to get there as quickly as possible.

- and as for spell checking? I really have better things to do then to sit here and spell check for losers like you!

- Maybe I'll see you online someday and we can chat about how you get off on slaming people on flight info, or maybe you can complain to me about how you never get laid... or you could show me your terrible stick skills, because I seem to find the guys with the biggest mouths are the ones that can't hold their own in the cockpit.

Thanks for turning this thread into a Sh!t show Gl-asspilot!

Done and Done

If he's stuck on reserve indefinitely and only logging 40 hours per month, he might need about 25 months (just over 2 years) to get to the "magic" 2500-hour mark.

I'm actually flying a 95 hour line next month. And should be able to hold lines from here on out. PSA started hiring again a few months ago and those guys are getting done IOE now. So thats good news!

Hey, sttel down out there.

I said I was drinking and posting. This site won't let you edit an old post so your stuck with it if you sober up and realize you're out of line.

Have a great career and I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you busted your butt at All ATP. 5 Months is great. Super. Fine. I'm gonna go lay down now...

Fly Safe.

I never flew for the regionals. It was just never in the cards for me. I interviewed at Mesa in 2000 and didn't make the cut. So I took the next thing that came along: Amerifright. Did that for 8 months, then went on to fly single pilot air ambulance for four years, then corporate for two and a half. I start at a 'frac next week. Finally.

Of all the jobs I've ever had, air ambulance was the best. Five on, five off schedule, with no overnights, flying brand-new Pilatuses single pilot, decent pay (even better now ... lots of operators start guys in the mid-50K range), and the satisfaction of knowing that most of the people I flew really needed to be flown. For them, it wasn't a luxury, but a necessity.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there are other routes to take to get there, wherever "there" may be, besides the regionals.

Hang in there.

Hey, sttel down out there.

I said I was drinking and posting. This site won't let you edit an old post so your stuck with it if you sober up and realize you're out of line.

Have a great career and I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you busted your butt at All ATP. 5 Months is great. Super. Fine. I'm gonna go lay down now...

Fly Safe.

HAHA, no worries! You didn't think I could just lay down and let you tear me up? I had to defend myself haha! It wouldn't be flight info unless someone flamed each other! Have a good long weekend!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back