Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bobbysamd

Bobby,

Go visit the place and then make the judgements. This is definitely not PFT so lets get that straight right off. No passengers, no airline. This is a school.

Second, people have been hired out of this program in the last 6 months.

Third, an un-named CEO said at the RAA that they continue to get their people from college programs and affiliated flight schools.

Let us realize that most of the major furloughee's are untouchable, for better or worse.

Every instructor I met at TAB was and is an airline pilot.

The airplanes looked good to me.

Is it really ONLY a school?

I dunno about it not being a revenue or pax-carrying outfit and it being just a school.

I saw this on the Newsletter link at www.tabexpress.com :

"TAB Express to launch FAA Part 135 Operations in Addition to our First Officer Training Operations.

"TAB Express is currently going through the motions to launch 'On Demand' two-crew 135 charter service. Combining the cost effectiveness, reliability, passenger space and speed of the King Air will give TAB pilots needing to build up to 500+ hours that some of the regional airlines may require. TAB First Officers will serve as FO's on these flights."

Then, if you go to the Enter Here button on the home page, you see what very much looks like a scheduled carrier timetable, e.g, with flights from Deland to Tallahassee, along with a route structure map.

Combine a timetable, route structure, and plans to create an on-demand charter service in which its FO trainees will fly these flights, and you get persuasive evidence that TAB is, or contemplates, a revenue-producing operation apart from the FO program. We then could delve into the op specs issue to determine if these folks are required crewmembers. Therefore, while the place may not be blatant P-F-T as it is at you-know-where, it's hard not to say the place isn't at least semi or quasi-P-F-T.

I'd love to visit there, actually. Once again, I have no problems with the idea of wearing uniforms.

I'm sure P-F-T people do get hired. Not to restart this debate, but what will the reaction to them be down the road. As Qwerty said, who knows? Who knows?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back