airlineapps and sic "type rating"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

7574EVER

I'm updating my things on airlineapps.com and under the certificate section there is a box to check if you have a type rating in a turbojet powered aircraft. Does anyone know if this includes an SIC type? I would tend to say no; but, I won't turn down the chance to click another box.

Not meant to be flame. Just curious how the SIC stuff is viewed.

The SIC thing was an excercise in paperwork and means nothing. You are not typed in anything and would look foolish trying to convince HR otherwise.

Look at your license. Your type ratings are not listed in any different order. It is a Type rating. It just has a Limitation in that it is for sic privileges only. Ask the HR person if they work for the FAA.

While we're on this subjetc, how do you know if the airlines got your app? Seems like every time I'd press publish it would send it everyone.

While we're on this subjetc, how do you know if the airlines got your app? Seems like every time I'd press publish it would send it everyone.

....and is there a way to un-publish. I don't think my former employer is interested in getting my updated application every time I update it for new carriers.

I agree with PHX757. It's a type rating with an SIC limitation. I sent them an email about this a year or two ago and they told me to go ahead and check the box, but my computer crashed and I don't have that email to copy it for you. I'd email them if you want the answer directly from them. I'm sure the intent was to probably find out if you have a PIC type rating, but that's not what the little check box says. I wouldn't have a problem explaining why I checked the box if it came up-my license said it was a type rating.

If some of the people I fly with have real type ratings, there's something wrong.

If it requires an 8710, it's a rating, whether it's "real" or "surreal" is irrelevant.

Latest resources

Back