Airline Training Academy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airlinr Training Academy

Hi, MY name is Chris and I am also interested in Airline Training Academy. I really dont know much about them, but if I find out any info I will be happy to pass it on ok, and If you find out any info please pass it on to me ok

Thanks
[email protected]

I would not go to ATA. ATA is no longer Part 141, but is now Part 61. Although there is nothing wrong with Part 61, because they are 61, none of the airlines will deal with them (such as bridge programs, as they had when 141). My suggestion, look into FSI or COMAIR.

ATA

Actually, it doesn't matter whether they have a 141 or a 61. Part 61 actually gives you and your instructor more freedom to concentrate on your weak areas. AS far as not having airlines, that is completely untrue. You have gotten some bad information sir. Currently ATA has hiring contracts (bridge programs) with American Eagle, ACA, Skywest, Horizon and Pinnacle Airlines. True, things are a little slow in the hiring process right now, but it's that way industrywide. I just graduated from ATA and would recommend it to anyone. I would also recommend checking out Comair and FSI. Both are very good schools.

I recommend searching for past threads regarding ATA. Others have posted their experiences with ATA's programs. Paying $20K or more for 250 hours and the possibility of being hired (PFT, but that is another heated subject), is a risky avenue to take with your training dollars.

The 'bridge' programs may or not be intact. I know some of the airlines canceled the contracts with some of the 'fast track' schools. American Eagle has 305 pilots on furlough, and with the ASM and scope with APA and the financial troubles with AMR, recalls are not expected for a long time (> 2 years). Pinnacle has had difficulty filling classes due to their policy of no pay until a successful checkride (no salary, no per deim, no housing, no travel). Recent threads have detailed Pinnacles' policy ( I believe a $10K PFT if < 1000 hours TT).

Don't discount other flight schools and NEVER believe what the recuiters and glossy ads tell you.

Good luck

I spoke with a couple of ATA guys on the phone about three years ago, and the last guy really stuck in my mind.

Far from being upbeat and positive about aviation, this guy was pretty much down on the whole experience. He told me of one FO he knew at a Major who had a standing offer to buy any captain a motorcycle, with the belief that the captain would wreck and create an open slot on the roster above him.

I found the conversation that he had with me, a total stranger, to be so distasteful that I never called them again.

Whatever you do, DON'T go the PFT route.

Marcus,

Could you possibly share any details of the hiring contract (bridge program) between SkyWest and ATA? I'm sure that information would be fascinating to a number of people here.

So since you just graduated, who did you decide to fly for?

I just got a brochure on Comair, I never intended to go, but I almost fell over when I saw the price tag!!! $45k for ppl-cfi!!

marcus-

i was told by a FSI guy that the airlines you mentioned have pulled out from ATA. is this untrue, maybe a little rival going on. i understand FSI and ATA are on the same field?:D :confused:

PilotOnTheRise said:
marcus-

i understand FSI and ATA are on the same field?:D :confused:

vero beach is actually quite a distance from orlando executive.

"things are a little slow in the hiring process right now"

that just might be the understatement of the year.

half the airlines you mentioned are not even hiring, and then you have the questionable reference to skywest. i think you might want to check your facts a little...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back