• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Training Academy out of business

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not agree that these students went against the norm at ATA and undercut the industry at all. I truly feel for those who are now out alot of money and can only hope they can continue with training somehow..... On the other hand if you really want to talk about a "joke" and "whores" not too far away from there is Gulf Joke Academy where the "whores" are being produced and that is the true joke and PFT scam NOT ATA students. The difference is very evident and that is why most Gulf Joke "whores" will stay in the closest on this board since they truly are the ones that are in the wrong for "buying" a job with their less than average flight skills.

ATA students were NOT buying a job at all, they were merely paying for there training and hoping to latch on to a regional at a lower time. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that at all..

PFT is PFT and most can see a difference-

3 5 0

Scumbags

I just want to say my heart goes out to those of you adversely affected by this situation. I have a couple good friends who were instructing there; they're now scrambling to find other means of employment, and, God Bless ém, trying to help out their students as well.

It's the ultimate kick in the gut to be mid-career with family and savings and invest it in a future you've dreamed of all your life only to have it snatched away in an instant. Please keep the faith as there are many more "good guys" out there to help you towards that dream than there are scumbags like the Williams.' Don't give up on the dream because of them!

Visit the AOPA CFI database to find good instructors, or visit other reputable schools. I came from Comair and completed their program pretty much as advertised...all the way to the right seat of the CRJ. At least they're backed ultimately by Delta, and I didn't have to pay everything up front, though I'm not up to date on their current tuition policies.

God bless you all and I pray your legal battles will prevail.

Back on track...

Hovernut is back on track. Good luck and God Bless. Life is not about what happens to you, it is about how you respond to what happens to you. Don't give up. Almost all of the people in this business like to help other pilots make it. Flydog doesn't, but it's OK. We won't help him either when he needs it someday. Anyone who would kick someone when they are down has no soul.

I have to admit, when I first heard the news, my first thought was that I wouldn't have to be number 6 behind the 172 train for the ILS into exec anymore. That was before I realized that real people got hurt. Hopefully someone will represent the student's interests in the liquidation proceedings.

I have to admit, when I first heard the news, my first thought was that I wouldn't have to be number 6 behind the 172 train for the ILS into exec anymore.

Oh, come on, we pump it up to 90 for ya when requested. :p
Comair and Avion will still be there to keep you company, so you'll now be number 5.

Seriously though, we are all rooting for the students and CFI's affected by this. Keep your chin up and fight em. You will win--righteousness is on your side. When you get that money, keep the dream alive.

You had to go there.........

Posted by 350DRIVER:
The difference is very evident and that is why most Gulf Joke "whores" will stay in the closest on this board since they truly are the ones that are in the wrong for "buying" a job with their less than average flight skills.

You just had to go there. The one thing that really pisses me off. You have no right whatsoever to asess one's flight skills as "less than average" because someone Paid-for-training. Yes, I paid for my training, so I guess I fall into your "whore" category. But don't you dare have nerve to call myself or anyone else who PFT'd poor pilots. Unless you have personally observed an unsafe ex-GIA or current GIA pilot I think you need to take your baseless comments elsewhere. I do not argue that some will never like what I did. Who Cares? But don't start attacking one's skills for the only purpose of cutting them down further. All that shows is insecurity in your own skills.

--03M

I was trying to back up the ATA students and show some "support" after a few negative posts were directed towards them, nothing more and nothing less. I refuse to get into a debate with you and hijack this thread and make it a "Gulf Joke" thread ( there are enough threads concerning that)- there is no debate, facts about the program are as clear as day and most can see that oh so clearly. Don't for one second though compare the ATA and GIA program since they are worlds apart and that was a point that should be made very clear. - A few replies did nothing but blast those students and clearly they have their backs against the wall and this is solely what we need to be concerned with and what we can do to possibly help them out.

My heart and thoughts truly go out to these students that are now out alot of money and I can only hope that they find a way to continue on and make their dreams become a reality.

cheers

3 5 0

I wasn't trying to hijack the thread. Just trying to clear something up. But you and I do agree on one thing, that the subject has been beaten to death.

Anyway, I also hope all of the ATA students get back on their feet soon and are able to resove thier financial matters with the management.

Good Luck,

--03M

As professionals in this industry, we should really take it upon ourselves to strongly persuade new pilots who are looking into this career to NEVER pay up front unless it is a reputable university-financed program. Even then, only one semester at a time.

Does FSI demand the whole amount up front?

Latest resources

Back