• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Airline" show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The show's a rip-off of "Airport" on the BBC.

Actually is is not from the show "Airport" From what I can remember it is being produced by the same people/company that produced a British version focusing on EasyJet, show in the UK. It got great ratings over there and from what I have heard it has good ratings over here too.....

go figure-

Lear-

skydash said:
Compare [Southwest's] 30+ year safety record against the other legacy carriers...
(1) He has a point, but...

(2) "Other" legacy carriers? Since when is Southwest a "legacy" carrier?

I wasn't aware Herb was flying the mail in the Twenties... :D
That reminds me: about Southwest's marketing department...

"We've been in Love for thirty years!"

That makes me want to barf every time I see it. Jesus, but that's corny!

skydash- I bet your pax luved going off the runway in AMA. You did not refute what I wrote so I must assume your cavilier attitude towards safety is the norm. How tragic.

wil said:
skydash- I bet your pax luved going off the runway in AMA. You did not refute what I wrote so I must assume your cavilier attitude towards safety is the norm. How tragic.
Given the choice I would have used Rwy 4.

VOR 13 (7901' X 100')
ILS 4 (13502' X 300')

wil
If you can't handle a little crosswind by all means take the runway with little or no crosswind. If you plan on interviewing at SWA let us know so we can put in a good word for you.:D

O.K.,

Before this degenerates into another finger-pointing post, let's look at things responsibly. For starters loose the hyperbole, of course SW has a checklist. If you've spent anytime jumpseating on them before 9-11, you'd have witnessed that it is one of the better pieces of paper (plastic) out there as far as covering the important stuff fast.

Conversely, pointing out how you've never had an accidents with fatalities is surely tempting things in a karmic sense. WN does have more than it's fair share of ground operation accidents, simply a byproduct of the pace at which things are done. (V1 minus 5 right? :)) The big difference is the Dallas mafia keeps that stuff off the six o'clock news better than anybody. When a carrier like Vanguard blew a nosegear tire on the taxiway, there were live news helicopter feeds. WN runs one into the grass, and there's no coverage whatsoever. I'm not complaining, I thinks it's great! Herb must have some Sicilian in him along with the Irish.

We've all witnessed somebody doing something we considered a bit "out there", what we should do is avoid pointing the fingers at each other simply based on the reputation of a specific operator.
When mishaps do occur our response should not be: "Ahh figures it was _____...." but one of: "what can I learn?' and "there but for the grace of god..."

TR4A said:
Given the choice I would have used Rwy 4.

VOR 13 (7901' X 100')
ILS 4 (13502' X 300')

winds 140 @ 23 G 28. Are ya thinkin' you'd have a hard time stopping on an 8000 foot runway with 23 knots in your face? I would vote for 13. But what do I know?

Hugh Jorgan said:
winds 140 @ 23 G 28. Are ya thinkin' you'd have a hard time stopping on an 8000 foot runway with 23 knots in your face? I would vote for 13.
No. I would opt for a 300' wide runway with ILS versus the one with a VOR and 100' wide.

its all about money. you offer cheap flights, people will buy. The only thing different from swa and the other carriers are the peanuts and bottled water that you pay 1-3 hundred dollars extra for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back