Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MYFpilot

SDSU Super Fan
“The excitement over the verification of a pilot job market in the middle of this stalled recovery was contagious,” said Kit Darby, President of AIR, Inc. about the seminar/job fair in Washington, DC. “Many pilots are unaware that there are still opportunities at every level – majors, nationals, regionals, passengers, cargo, and fractionals, and it’s AIR, Inc.’s duty to inform them.” AIR, Inc. predicts 6,000 to 7,000 new pilots jobs will be created in 2002.

...Fascinating conversation piece if I do say so myself.

Kit Darby really needs to lay off the pipe. That crack is going to ruin his life. :p

::waits for bobbysamd to chime in about Kit::

Apparently Mr. Darby knows something that most of the pilots on these boards don't.

Hey, I will bet if you send him some money, he will tell you where to find those jobs!

He forgot to mention that all the jobs were PFT and then work for free..............but you are building all that time so you are prepared when the biggest hiring frenzy of the 21st century comes our way.

It's funny because I was just going to post a thread about an ad I just saw in the Sept '02 Airline Pilot Careers mag(Kit Darby Inc.) It ceases to amaze me that a flight school ad in this day and age would put in bold lettering, "Men & Women WANTED to Supply US Airline Pilot Shortage". I won't name the school but I'm sure many of you have seen it. I don't know how they get away with this type of marketing ploy....

Maybe paying some school a few thousand bucks would get me the "direct track" to my airline career.

You gotta love advertising.

Yeah, kinda reminds me of the old one...

On a job interview as the hiring manager is looking over the applicant's resume, pauses and says; "Your resume is the biggest collection of over-exaggerations and half-truths I have ever seen ...Say, how would you like to work in our marketing department!"

What a wonderful industry flight training is. Every time I open a flying magazine and see all the glossy ads, I just quiver in disgust. If I weren’t so burnt out I’d have a moral ephiphany, be the Jerry Maguire of CFI's, and write a manifesto to change the industry.

The October 14th issue of Forbes magazine actually quotes Kit Darby (or, as they call him, A. K. Darby) in the article about JetBlue.

I can't believe it. Then again, I have paid him hundreds of dollars in the past. So, if he could take my money from me, then why wouldn't he be able to convince Melanie Wells and the editors at Forbes that he is an industry expert.

(By the way, I did laugh out loud when I saw his quote in the article)

I have always said...

If it were the early 1900s, Kit Darby would be crossing the countryside in a wagon selling snake oil to cure all that ails you! I could just hear it, "Step right up folks and get ready for the BIG PILOT SHORTAGE!! That's right! Drop a few C-notes on the table and I'll make sure you have the inside scoop to your flying dream job!! Step right up folks and pay more money than you can possibly afford and get my 'Airlline Pilot' career kit!! Hubba Hubba Hubba!!! You Sir!!! Yes, you!!! YOU have to be prepared for the loooming pilot shortage!! That's where I come in!! I'll get you headed in the right direction so you can take full advantage of the looming 'PILOT SHORTAGE!!' Step right up folks!! Don't be shy!!!"

Actually, the scene in the Steve Martin movie, "The Jerk," is more fitting. Remember that one? For those who don't remember... Navin R. Johnson (Steve Martin) is concerned he is not doing so well as a carnival barker while manning the "Guess My Weight" booth. His boss comes over and asks how things are going. Navin seems to think he's not doing so well because he only got a few people to try the guessing game and he gave away a few prizes as a result. The carnival boss explains, "Don't worry kid, you're doing fine. You just took in $10 and gave away 37 cents of CRAP!!" (Perhaps the dialouge is not verbatim, but you get the idea.)

So if you want to spend money with Kit Darby, remember that line from The Jerk. ;)

BTW, I never paid one red cent for any of that crap and got job offers from every airline job for which I interviewed. (It can be done without giving your money to snake-oil salesmen.)

That's just my "37 cents of crap." :eek:

Regards,
RightBettor

PS: No disrespect to those who have spent money with Kit and found his stuff useful. These intemperate thoughts are only to serve as a warning to those who may be considering dropping the money but may least be able to afford it. (Does that make sense?)

Last edited:
I admit I bought a book or two from Air, Inc. I was appalled by the outdated information being sold as fresh meat. Their website didn't even have any pertinent information on it.
Frankly, between this board and Aviationinterviews.com providing free, accurate, up-to-date information in boundless quantities I can't see Darby's stale crap selling like hotcakes anymore.
As a side note, I think Aviationinterviews.com is now asking for a one-time fee of $5 to cover their expenses. I'd encourage everyone who has used the site (those who originally registered for free are allowed to keep going there for free, though I'm sure the contribution would still help) to pitch in a couple bucks- it's certainly a small price to pay.

Maybe now is the time to open up a flight school. You could open up a base in Saudia, Kuwiat, and Bagdad. All those guys are having a hard time getting visa's now. Don't need to worry about PFT they'll just buy an airline to get experience. You can work it out and get a commission as a finder fee. Good project for some furloughed pilot.

Latest resources

Back