Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Different

Publishers said:
[B .................................................................................................................There are good points and bad about the database services. There is no gun to your head, you are a consumer and they may or may not be for you.

As somneone who has and does employ people, I would use them to post positions. [/B]

I don't think that there is a lot of legitimate disagreement about the possible value of his database service.

Mr. Darbys self-serving, misleading, promotion is what irks me, and others if I do say so myself. I don't know if his "expert" status with the media has gone to his head, or if he is truly a pimp for his advertisers and airline management. I hope that he is just egotistical and likes to see his name in print. Unfortunately, my conclusion is that he is one of the most negative influences on the career as there has ever been.

Later,
8Ns

Name

Enigma,

Well you are certainly correct about the last part. He likes to see and apparently hear his name as they answer the phone Kit Darby's Air Inc.

For that we cannot shoot him. Mying ost of the critics of people on these boards who do TV is somewhat justified but not, for we do not get to select what goes on the air.

The other day, I was asked to comment on the new email system that they are trying for ATC instructions. At the end, they asked my about air marshals. I had prepared for one, not for the other and sure enough 18 seconds of comments out of 4 minutes made it to the air and all was on the marshals.

On the other hand, Kit is not doing this for advertisers or airlines, it is for him.

Latest resources

Back