• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilots & Second Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look at your local hospital. You can work in security, patient registration, lab courier etc. Pay is usually 10-20/hr maybe more with shift diff. It's how I paid the bills while working at Commutair and how I pay the bills now that I am out of a job at Piedmont.

CA$H

I've been Valet parking at a hotel since I got furloughed post 9-11. Its good cash money if you can find a hotel or something. I still manage to flight instruct during the day, and pick up evening shifts on-call.

I work at the counter at one of the FBOs at the airport on the weekends. Most of the fuelers are also instructors at other schools in ADS.

That substitute gig sounds kinda cool. Easy money to pick on rugrats... you can hypnotize them for hours about your pilot stories. "Good morning class. My name is Captain Smith. That's right, I am airline pilot."

BWA HA HA...

substitute teaching....pay is depending on your area. major metro cities pay big...smaller ones pay about what youd make elsewhere. in this town im in....its $65 a day....minus tax.
im doing the security guard bit for a short while....and thats $65 a day...minus tax...and i dont have little kids...i dont have to do crap. i can even get away with listening to the radio and occasionally stealing peeks at a newspaper/crossword or what not. aint bad...just not enough to do really.

whats the pros and cons of being the real-estate guy? how much BS is there and how long does it take to get the license? type ratings involved? :>

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back