• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilots! At work...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So lets see. You get "paid" $2000 to fly 250 hours in a 1900.

Wow!! You mean I'll get paid $8/hour to fly a 1900. And we all know that flight hours and time at work hours are a lot different. I always figure you need to subtract at least $10/hour from pilot pay if you want to compare it to real world 9 to 5 pay. So using that logic, you are actually paying Gulfstream to sit in the right seat. Where do I sign up?

Interesting web site. I took a little time exploring it and found the "testimonials" page. You know the page where Airline Pilots send their kids........ Of the four letters 3 were from CAL and one from an American pilot.

Guess what, all three CAL pilots were SCABS! Surprised? I'm not.

Comon, it gets even better in the fine print. If you didn't happen to go to the prestigous school... you can shell out cash to do it!!

[font=Arial, Helvetica]First Officer Program Price $29,684*
*After receiving $2,000 in flight pay, program cost is just $27,
[/font]

What a deal!!!

Tom

tom_rob said:
Comon, it gets even better in the fine print. If you didn't happen to go to the prestigous school... you can shell out cash to do it!!

[font=Arial, Helvetica]First Officer Program Price $29,684*
*After receiving $2,000 in flight pay, program cost is just $27,
[/font]

What a deal!!!

Tom
Good God... where do I sign up? :p

mckpickle said:
Interesting web site. I took a little time exploring it and found the "testimonials" page. You know the page where Airline Pilots send their kids........ Of the four letters 3 were from CAL and one from an American pilot.

Guess what, all three CAL pilots were SCABS! Surprised? I'm not.
The place is run by a bunch of EAL scabs so "birds of a feather flock together."

Well this is done to make everyone understand that they are in a professional environment right from the start. Something that is really missing in this industry. People just don't get it I guess. When I first started ground school at my current airline, I managed to find a complete airline uniform. (dark pants, special shirt, complete with three stripes) I wore this first day of ground school, and throughout it's duration. My classmates never once invited me for lunch, or dinner at night when they went out. What can I say, professionalism is dead.

h25b said:
CF34-3B1,

My intention was to get some answers to this issue from someone, like yourself that actually knows what they are talking about. Also, to hopefully educate the idiot masses that throw terms like "w&ores" around. I was not trying to be disrespectful to the Comair guys/gals at all, simply to inform these types of morons that when they use that term they can also offend some of their own. There are quite a few PFT's at Comair, it worked out for them obviuosly. I personally would not have done it, but I don't hold it against anyone either.
Don't dare insult PFTers as someone will try and slap your hand also.

Latest resources

Back