• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilot Sues NTSB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow - discounting the media outlet that is carrying the story, that makes for some interesting reading. I have always had reservations about the final conclusions in the TWA tragedy - I think that therre are several forum members that are again going to become engaged in heated debate regarding the outcome of the law suit!

That is an amazing story. I did not realize just how much of a coverup was prepared to hide what probably happened that fateful night. What we have to reflect on is , who was our President at the time? How much attention did he pay to our own military and their training. I do not think what happened was deliberate, but I would be curious as to how many military leaders operating in that area retired or were reassigned after this incident. There was an entire 747 crew and passengers lost that night. We cannot bring them back, but they do deserve answers and truthful ones at that. I have never accepted the "governments explanation" of events of that night. Could this be another "Egypt Air" incident? I wish this case Godspeed in the courts on Monday.

Very interesting book, many questions

"First Strike: TWA Flight 800 and the Attack on America"! New book by Jack Cashill and James Sanders

some plausible scenarios & casts "mucho" doubt on the "investigation" undertaken.

Last edited:
And chemtrails are real! :rolleyes:

Skeezer

I realize that the web site promotes a book discussing TWA 800, but if this Captain Ray Lahr is legit, it sounds like some serious charges. What agenda would he have to sue the NTSB...unless he coauthored the book.

It does sound strange that a 747 could climb 3200 feet missing its nose.

The guberment cannot lie

I am open minded enough to believe whatever the guberment, People magazine (I luv U J'Lo!), and ABC News tell me to think.

Just wonder if there are any 74-100/200 crews who refused to fly after this because they thought the fuel tanks would explode? Also curious as why this "problem" didn't manifest itself before then?

The article, if true and accurate, certainly has some interesting points. Wonder why they never wanted to talk to the two pilots who actually saw it?

Call me a skeptic, but I still find it odd about the elevator problem that allegedly caused the crash of the AA bus in NYC after 9/11. Keepers Of Odd Knowledge (KOOK).

Last edited:
Talk about stories that make you go hmmmm! This one has too many loose ends to let it rest as is.

I'm glad Captain Lahr is pursuing this one. Hopefully his effrots will help resurrect this disaster back into the mainstream consciousness and real answers will be forthcoming.

On a side note, the discussion of the aircraft climbing after its nose was lost reminds of an incident that happened many years ago at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. On a dark foggy night a B-52 crashed on the runway after experiencing a very hard landing. The landing was so hard that it snapped off the nose section of the aircraft and sent it rolling down the runway with the entire crew inside it. Meanwhile, as the nose departed the rest of the aircraft it pulled the eight throttle cables and in effect spooled up the engines on the aircraft and sent it back into the air in a rolling climb until gravity took over and it crashed in the infield beyond where the crew was. The fireball alerted the tower that something was wrong and they rolled the crash trucks to the scene. In the misty darkness the resucers could find no evidence of the crew, and it wasn't until a short time later they were found on the runway after someone decided to do a FOD check before opening the runway again....true story!

Latest resources

Back