Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline pilot means no control over your life!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
there are a lot more jobs flying an airplane around than being in an airline environment. For some reason people don't see this aspect of it.

It's not all about the (supposed) money, but about enjoying what you do. If you truly go to work with a smile on your face than QOL will follow from that. If you are miserable in your job than chances are good you will be miserable out of it too.

Look for the position in which you achieve that smile on your face, remember that there is no such thing as perfection though, and from that your life will follow

Hey, I just dropped a bunch of National Guard guys off in Iraq to spend another year there. They were all enjoying being home, getting back into their jobs and the phone rings. Two day callup now they are away from home, family, and their jobs. You sound like your really belly aching to me, it is all falling on deaf ears-no sympathy from here. Grow up. You can always go sit on a street corner and beg for food, no schedule there and every day is your day to do with whatever you want.

Sounds like some guys would like AV8er2's job.

Complaining about your job to the public is an invitation to ridicule, much like posting on an anonymous pilot message board. Just keep it all inside until you explode, then blame it on aliens.

FN FAL said:
When I was in high school, I got tired of my parents, my boss and school administrators pushing me around and telling me what to do. So I showed them, I joined the Navy. :nuts:
Hey.....that was my trick with the jarheads! That gave me a whole lot of control over my life <sarcasm> That sure taught my college professors, bosses, and girlfriend a lesson they'd never forget. <more sarcasm>

Awwww, does baby want his wittle binky?

Want some cheese with that w(h)ine?

Somebody call the police...he's obviously being held hostage and forced to work a job he hates...

Here's a news flash: QUIT. Go get a nice civil service job and punch a clock for the next 25 years and take your federal holidays and weekends off.

Since I can't knock the crap out of you from behind my computer, do me a favor and put $20 worth of quarters in a sock and hit yourself in the face with it. It'll make me feel better, and might knock some sense into you.

TurboS7 said:
You can always go sit on a street corner and beg for food, no schedule there and every day is your day to do with whatever you want.

Really? cool. I'm in!! (sarcasm):nuts:

Latest resources

Back