Airline pension bill stalls in U.S. Senate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jtf said:
I have a feeling that this bill isn't going to stop Delta or NW from dumping their pensions even if it passes. Then how long before AA and CAL are forced to dump their own? I don't know what the answer is, but I don't think this bill is gonna fix much.

There is only one way to terminate a DB plan and that is through the courts after filing CH11. If anything this pension reform bill helps AA/CAL because it would give them more time to fund their pensions. NWA/DAL are already in CH11, and I have no illussions that the DAL DB plan will survive. If DAL and NWA along with UAL and AAA have their DB plans terminated, my guess is that AA/CAL would much prefer to have an extended funding period versus what their obligations are today.

Jimdandy said:
A vote for GW is a message that you are an idiot.

Ah yes, the sweet intellelectual discourse that the liberal mind so enjoys. In many ways the best thing about the modern American liberal is their open mindedness and acceptance of views not their own ....

Yes this thread is about something ... it is about too little too late.

Jimdandy said:
so Dennis Miller are you still glad you voted for George bush. His latest is classic, pick some old women attorney from TX with no experience in being a judge to be the next supreme court justice. This guy is insane all he is good at doing is picking his drinking buddies to positions that don't have the experience for.

its idiots like this that think there is a sugar daddy in DC that can fix all their problems at no cost to them. Are you from New Orleans?

Jimdandy said:
so Dennis Miller are you still glad you voted for George bush. His latest is classic, pick some old women attorney from TX with no experience in being a judge to be the next supreme court justice. This guy is insane all he is good at doing is picking his drinking buddies to positions that don't have the experience for.

Not that its related to this thread, but 41% of all supreme court justices never sat on the bench.

flyingitalian said:
Not that its related to this thread, but 41% of all supreme court justices never sat on the bench.

Those on the left can not be bothered by troublesome little details like the facts.

jhill said:
its idiots like this that think there is a sugar daddy in DC that can fix all their problems at no cost to them. Are you from New Orleans?

Ha ha ha ha too funny!

Latest resources

Back