Airline Mergers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Eagle757shark

Now that the experts believe consolidation is about to happen. Lets have fun with a few potential combinations!

1. Delta will strike a deal with United. New name will be Delta Airlines. Hubs will be JFK, Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San Fransico. Widebody fleet the same. Delta Atlantic routes fit well with United's Pacific routes.

2. US Airways will strike a deal with Northwest. New name will be US Airways. Hubs will be Philadephia, Charlotte, Detroit, MSP, Phoenix, and Las Vegas. Both carriers large Airbus operators. Airbus widebody fleet. US Airways growing Atlantic routes fit well with Northwest's Pacific routes.

3. Continental will strike a deal with Alaska and AirTran. New name will be Continental Airlines. Hubs will be Newark, Atlanta, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Fransico, and Houston. With the new caps on Newark, Atlanta will be domestic relief and feed up and down the east coast. Seattle and Alaska will feed the Pacific routes. Continental strong across the Atlantic and established pacific routes through micronesia.

4. Jetblue will strike a deal with Frontier, Spirit, and Virgin America. New Name will be Virgin America. Hubs will be JFK, Denver, San Fransico, Ft Lauderdale, and Long Beach. Will feed Virgin Atlantic internationally.

5. American will stay American

6. Southwest will remain Southwest

Well these are predicitons just for fun. What are some of yours? Have fun with it folks. Please keep your seniority intergrations out of this.

Last edited:
Not bad...

However, I BELIEVE that in order to keep the freedoms NWA has in Asia, they need to remain NWA.

Plus, I don't think all 4 LCC's will merge...at least one is going away.

But what do I know?.....

Delta will either acquire NWA, or buy part of United (SFO and Asian routes)--while NWA buys United's IAD hub and and European routes, and CAL gets ORD and DEN hubs. Southwest goes for a fire sale and buys Frontier.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta will either acquire NWA, or buy part of United (SFO and Asian routes)--while NWA buys United's IAD hub and and European routes, and CAL gets ORD and DEN hubs. Southwest goes for a fire sale and buys Frontier.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Acquire? I disagree. Merge maybe ;)

Eagle-

Best I've heard yet! So what do you other Nostradamus pilots have to say? I think Vegas is setting up some bets!

Acquire? I disagree. Merge maybe ;)

So how can Anderson state that he wants Delta to keep the name and be headquartered in ATL? How do you announce that before a friendly merger? Read the thread I posted from the MSP Star Tribune. And, according to the thread from Sedona16, the ONLY way you can transfer the rights is through an acquisition. (only PAX airlines can do that it seems, not cargo) Read the 5th freedom thread--really interesting stuff that will put you to sleep quickly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well Gen...It has already been said that if you merge with United, Delta goes away right along with SLC and CVG. Why....because NOBODY KNOWS who Delta is in the Orient. You say United, everyone knows! Northwest...same thing! You might lose YOUR name! Good Luck.

Not bad...

However, I BELIEVE that in order to keep the freedoms NWA has in Asia, they need to remain NWA.

Plus, I don't think all 4 LCC's will merge...at least one is going away.

But what do I know?.....

Wrong. Read the thread concerning Northwest's fifth freedom rights. It dispells that rumor about the name.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well Gen...It has already been said that if you merge with United, Delta goes away right along with SLC and CVG. Why....because NOBODY KNOWS who Delta is in the Orient. You say United, everyone knows! Northwest...same thing! You might lose YOUR name! Good Luck.

Doubtful. Re-read the article--from MSP at that. Anderson will INSIST on keeping the Delta name, and as long as there is an acquistion, you can keep the fifth freedom rights. (Also read the thread about those rights) A PAX Airline can transfer the rights during an ACQUISTION. It has to be an acquistion, not a merger. We could buy United's Asian routes too, and that would be an acquistion.

And, I know Delta isn't as well known in Asia, but it looks like that will change shortly. I think I will do TV commercials for them in my Sub Commander uniform. Can't wait.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wrong. Read the thread concerning Northwest's fifth freedom rights. It dispells that rumor about the name.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta's biggest problem is NO NAME RECOGNITION IN THE ORIENT! They need some forward thinkers to get more big airplanes, a much needed base out west to FLY WEST over the Pacific! And I don't mean HNL. UA and NWA have what you don't have....NAME RECOGNITION in the Orient!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back