• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Biz Blog Reports on SWAPA/ALPA Process Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haven't spoken with any AirTran pilots that trust ALPA entirely. We all recognize their track record on mergers. Believe me there aren't any militant, "land grab," pilots here that I've ran into. All are being quite reasonable.

Vixen why don't you approach the AirTran pilots that you see in our various overlapping airports and tell them your feelings instead of hiding behind your cyber hardcore identity?

"Fence them off forever if we need to or, pull a Muse on them and be done with them." - flynvixen Is this the culture everyone is worried about us ruining? Seems like you are doing a fine job on your own.

Last edited:
Factless babbling and fear mongering. You sound like Fox News.

Ask the brain surgeons over at United how ALPA took care of them ??? They are on their knees and will never get up .......but its never the pilots fault

Keep drinking the koolaid and watching MSNBC and listing to NPR

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

ALPA has killed more jobs and wrecked this industry by demanding top dollar for not work...good luck with that

I haven't spoken with any AirTran pilots that trust ALPA entirely. We all recognize their track record on mergers. Believe me there aren't any militant, "land grab," pilots here that I've ran into. All are being quite reasonable.

Vixen why don't you approach the AirTran pilots that you see in our various overlapping airports and tell them your feelings instead of hiding behind your cyber hardcore identity?

"Fence them off forever if we need to or, pull a Muse on them and be done with them." - flynvixen Is this the culture everyone is worried about us ruining? Seems like you are doing a fine job on your own.

I think most citrus guys may be reasonable in this thing but it will be a handful of ALPA wackos that will kill this deal in the end

you guys better get a handle on the wackos before you all find yourself on the street

Ask the brain surgeons over at United how ALPA took care of them ??? They are on their knees and will never get up .......but its never the pilots fault

Keep drinking the koolaid and watching MSNBC and listing to NPR

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

ALPA has killed more jobs and wrecked this industry by demanding top dollar for not work...good luck with that

I don't work at UAL, so as an unbiased observer I would say this. Most of the time SWA has been in existence UAL paid much more than SWA and had a much better retirement (and even today they get 17% vs. SWA's up to 9%). Now they have gone through the capitalist ringer and been raped. BUT..... they are still standing and ultimately will keep getting better and better (thanks to ALPA). This industry is cyclical and nothing stays the same. At some point UAL will be hiring like crazy and thanks to ALPA will pay more than they do now.
Unlike you I don't feel the need to put others down to try and make my airline look better. I respect all airlines for various different reasons, SWA has done an outstanding job getting to were they are and are very good airline. Just as the ALPA carriers have, over the years, done the most to raise the bar with their contracts, SWA has raised the bar concerning the importance of treating the employees well. Your contract is now helping keep the bar higher for the whole industry.
At different times and in different ways we all contribute. But be wary, if you are new to this industry anything can happen to any airline. There was a time when Piedmont had employee relations equally as good as SWA and was one of the financially strongest airlines in the industry.

Don't feed the troll---^^^

I do apologise, but I couldn't resist. We all know the type, the over the top Fox news, Glen Beck disciples who think they are perfect and everyone who isn't just like them is an idiot. It is fun toying with them once in awhile. I think most of us know enough not to stereotype all SWA folks as being like him. If anything, it's people like him that will awaken the silent majority and make a case for the importance of rational thinking.

Another shining example of the SWA "culture" of love. That really is a low down despicable thing to wish on anyone and their family. And over what? A few seniority numbers. Shame on you.

I agree ......it is a low down despicable thing for you guys to damage YOUR family and careers over a few seniority numbers,

but I have no doubt that is what you guys will do as you turn down offer after offer until you get what you want.....our left seats......shame on you

wont happen you guys could have the money, the contract and all else if you would stop demanding what is not yours, but ALPA wants to burn the SWAPA house down and will not stop until we all get a US Air deal.

Thanks guys... it was a good run until this brainchild was hatched ...descent check please

I think most citrus guys may be reasonable in this thing but it will be a handful of ALPA wackos that will kill this deal in the end

you guys better get a handle on the wackos before you all find yourself on the street

Hey, Mr. Anti ALPA is back. How was your stupidity sabbatical?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back