• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Biz Blog Reports on SWAPA/ALPA Process Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another shining example of the SWA "culture" of love. That really is a low down despicable thing to wish on anyone and their family. And over what? A few seniority numbers. Shame on you.

You aren't kidding. . . . There are are a few guys on here that really prove that money doesn't buy happiness. This "flynvixen" clown is so angry it makes you wonder which of our pilots is doing his wife. :laugh:

I believe whatever they are trying to do for alpa is going to hurt Airtran more. I would figure out what is better for Airtran versus alpa. Posting that what is good for alpa is good for Airtran is a telling misdirection.
I don't see where anyone said this is "good for ALPA". On the contrary, ALPA is losing money out of this deal in a major way. They will never recoup the money they invested in and continue to have to spend for the AirTran pilot group.

What *WAS* said was that, in the face of losing money on the deal, ALPA continues to support AirTran pilots during the merger and that looks good to other pilot groups, such as jetBlue, who are looking at ALPA representation. That's the only "up-side" for ALPA in this whole thing...

Not sure where you got "what is good for ALPA is good for AirTran" out of any of the above posts...?

Talking about money I keep hearing you guys are already five million in the hole to alpa. Just curious where does the money come from to repay them, and the ongoing legal bill that will be run up over the next few years?

Still. The point remains- ALPA will lose air tran- and "fighting" for air tran may win points at other contentious broken promise airlines- That's not us-
What motivation does ALPA have to do anything but draw this out- convince air tran pilots theyre getting screwed ( think 6000 apps filed by noon on the 1st day- 12000 total and counting- clambering for 200 slots that will all be below you. Think FO payrates north of $150k- it's ********************ing crazy to get greedy and contentious about a deal that hasn't been done yet) and keep collecting dues for as long as possible??
And then maybe they can feed some poison into the culture of a major ALPA competitor, that makes this place run.

(and make no mistake- the culture is real and a half dozen guys on anonymous forum wishing for really low taste things to happen doesn't change that- I've been preaching it from the beginning- do not confuse flightinfo w/ reality)

Last edited:
Well-said, and point taken, Wave. The average line pilot certainly wants this to happen sooner rather than later, as do most of the union officials.

Attorneys always want to draw things out... More $$$ for them. Not sure in this case whether it's ALPA attorneys wanting the language change or Katz,,,

Thx Lear- I want you advocated for- and definitely not to be roll overs- but I like that you recognize the conflict of interest-
Just asking that you trust, but verify.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back