• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Apps Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's an issue with how Air Apps calculates the time.

I too kept having the same problem. Was always off by about 150 hours or so. I kept trying to tweak the ones that were high so it would mirror my actaul logbook. Never got it less than 90 hours off.

So I bought Logbook Pro and spent a month entering everything from my paper logbooks into the program. Found a few math errors in my paper logbook.

Entered the #'s straight from Logbook Pro into Airline Apps....

Guess what? Still didn't add up. They add up in Logbook Pro and with a caculator but not in AirApps. Still off by about 50 hours out of an approximate 5000....so around a 1% error.

I finally figured out the problem...at least in my case:

After your private, you were appropriately rated as PIC in ASEL. When you did Intrument and Commercial training your CFI likely filled your logbook in with both PIC time and DUAL Received which is technically correct.

Because AirApps calculates PIC time the way the airlines want it broken out -- signing responsibilty for the aircraft -- the discrepancy occurs when flights are logged both ways unless you make the adjustment when you put your totals in AirApps -- IOW, a flight in a 172 that was Instrument Training and logged as both PIC and DUAL Rec'd would only be entered as DUAL in AirApps and subtracted from your total PIC time.

To see if this is the issue, subtract your TT in your logbook from the TT in AirApps. This should give you a number close to the total DUAL Received in your logbook but not exact. Subtract the number you get from your DUAL Received and it should be equal to all time where you WERE NOT appropriately rated in an aircraft you were recieving instruction in.

Wowjack - with your 3800+ hrs you have pleanty of time to be able to lop off any pic that was logged with dual. Only count dual for needed ratings or signoffs. I think someone above said something about 9 missing hours - who cares!!

similar problem. application set up like this.

total hrs (must total both horizontal and vertical.
pic sic total
sel piston
sel turboprop
sel jet
me pistion
me turboprop
me jet.

have spent the last 6 hrs trying to make work!!!

Latest resources

Back