Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wowjack

I love Bro...,but I go RJ
Is anybody else having a hard time figuring out flight time totals on this thing. For some reason my PIC and SIC time doesn't match my Total time. I've looked at my Dual Received to try to figure this out. Just wondering if the rest were getting stumped on this?

PIC and SIC usually don't equal total time because of some of your dual time. During your instrument and commercial ratings you probably logged dual and PIC time. If you haven't gone to an electronic logbook yet, I'd suggest logbook pro. It takes a while to get all your time in there but it makes filling out applications really easy.

There is also the debate that you should only log 1 type of flight. PIC, SIC or Dual. I logged dual whenever I was receiving instruction and olnly PIC and SIC as appropriate. Now all my times add up. PIC+SIC+DUAL=TOTAL. It works for me mabye not for you. I just do not like the b.s of dealing with the number crunching. Afterall, are you logging the PIC per Part I or Part 61? I only logged per part 1. The amount you lose is not worth the explanation at the job interview. Good luck.

Wowjack said:
Is anybody else having a hard time figuring out flight time totals on this thing. For some reason my PIC and SIC time doesn't match my Total time. I've looked at my Dual Received to try to figure this out. Just wondering if the rest were getting stumped on this?

They were close, but not exact when I filled it out.

I literally lost 5-6 hours last Saturday trying to find out where in the #$%@ the 9 hour difference came from. I totalled every known logbook, company log, and tabulation that I could think of to make the numbers come up. I see now that it wasn't just me and that is time (just like commuting) that I will can never get back. As long as your logbook is correct than I would loose sleep over it.

Good Luck!

Remember all that time while working on your private was neither PIC or SIC, simply dual...except when you flew solo (sole occupant of the aircraft). After you got your private, even if you were receiving instruction, that time should be considered PIC and dual because you were the sole manipulator of the controls for an aircraft in which you were appropriately rated.

Therefore.....your PIC + SIC + dual does not necessarily equal your total time.

I know some people simply filled out the application the way they thought that particular airline wanted it, and then attached an addendum explaining the difference.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back