• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline 101

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NEDude, could not have said it any better.

If you dont like flying get out. We make more than 90 percent of the population, and have a job that is a blast.

Life is short, make the best of it. I for one would not have chosen any other path for myself.

NE, My wife makes a boatload of cash! And you are sooo right on my brother! She works 70 hours a week, takes work home all the time, and travels. We came to decision a year ago to downsize our life so she can get out of the rat race. We are selling the beach house. The boat and the expensive cars are already gone. The BBD (bigger better deal) is a prison.

#16. Get a good corporate flying job, make a ton of money, and sit at home looking at the children fight in the regional section.

17. Brag on FI about your job handing out drinks to condescending richie rich and throwing his bags.

W

17. Brag on FI about your job handing out drinks to condescending richie rich and throwing his bags.

W

LOL... Those of us who have done both know how true that is. There's nothing worse than having to kiss some rich guy's a-hole every day. I recommend to anyone considering a career in corporate aviation to watch a few episodes of "Sweet 16" on MTV. :puke:

LOL... Those of us who have done both know how true that is. There's nothing worse than having to kiss some rich guy's a-hole every day. I recommend to anyone considering a career in corporate aviation to watch a few episodes of "Sweet 16" on MTV. :puke:

Haha.. oh man. I think one episode would probably be enough. :(

What are you doing watching Sweet 16 on MTV?

Yeah, most white collar workers leave at 8 and come home at 6. Have a nice dinner with the family and sit down with the wife after the 2.3 kids have gone to bed and enjoy a nice night of watching television. They also get every weekend off and never worry about finances, retirement, promotions, benefits or job security either.

I don't know what world you live in, but having been a former white collar worker in "real" world before becoming a pilot, I can tell you most guys who started flying right after college have no clue as to what it is like on the other side.

The reality is more like get up before six every morning, fight rush hour traffic, sit in a cubicle, go to boring meetings with your boss, eat a fast food lunch in a cubicle, do more work in a cubicle, attend another meeting, report to your boss about your projects, fight rush hour traffic home. Have dinner and send the kids to bed, then break out the briefcase and get to work on the project you had to bring home so you can impress your boss and get a raise. Then find out the next day that you have to go to Oklahoma City for three days and you'll have to finish some work over the weekend when you get back because you have a deadline early next week. Oh, and then you find out they cannot give you that raise you have been working hard for. And yes, you will still have major worries about pay, benefits, promotions, retirement and job security.

The people who make more than $50,000 and only work 40 hours per week are very few and far between. And most of them are either lottery winners or named Paris Hilton. Most people who make decent money work far harder than we do as pilots and still have most of the same worries we do. Trust me, I have been there.

AHHH damn those TPS reports!:beer:

Exactly. Holding in ice is one of those times when I count my blessings that I don't have one of those boring "normal" jobs! Approaches down to mins do that for me as well.

The other night, low wx, non-radar environment. DME arc transition (flown via heading bug, not FMS) to an ILS down to near mins in icing conditions, 4th leg of 5 that day, 9th hour of 11 on duty, day 4 of a 4 day trip... Had the time of my life. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Greased the landing too.

-Goose

Wow!!! You're good. Most of us can only hope to be able to do that someday. Bragging on an internet message board about how you successfully conducted a ROUTINE flight.... typical SNAP.

Latest resources

Back