• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aircraft RENTAL RATES - 2005??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys do the MATH......look at the money I saved to get my time and ratings.......and I'm now flying for JetBlue at age 28!![/QUOTE said:
Dangerkitty is pretty close to the truth. You guys do the math? Okay, let's say you got your pilots license at 16 by the grace of God almighty and your mom and daddy's bankroll. Now you are 28 and running radios, read checklists and parrot the RA for someone in the Bus. That means you have flown in excess of 700 hours per year, every year, since age 16. How many 16 and 17 year olds can afford 700 hours of twin time, let alone single time? On a per day basis, that equals 2 hours per day flying, every day for 12 years.

No, more like this clown is some kid flying a JetBlue Bus on a Microsoft flight simulator and pulling his pudd everytime he calls out "bug."

JetBlueDog not around?

For those of you "kicking" JetBlueDog, it appears he/she hasn't posted since 4/1/05. May still be around, just not posting.

Oh FWIW, C172 rate $43 an hour and C182 $46 an hour dry, based on tach time at the club I belong to.

went out to the the local airport here in louisville and checked the prices of cessna 152 and cessna 172 rates.

quickly discovered that i could not afford to fly.

i must have really been out of the loop for the last few years.
going to talk to the credit union this week about a low-interest loan to get checked out again (ouch)

fbt

you want to spread the love and finance my training? i'm almost done with my private... you could pay for me up through CFII....
Hey AS214 ... count me in for adoption, too, Daddy. I need a Commercial-Multi like ... yesterday ... so I can log this B200 time. :)

Minh AS214
(Newly adopted millonaire's son, cforst's brother. :D)

Wow! how things have changed . When I got my PVT in 1989 in Carlsbad CA. A 152 was 26 dollars an hour and an instructor was 15 dollars. Compare this with the fact that there were actually career instructors with thousands of teaching hours compared to what people are paying five times more for today. Not saying that there are not any good instructors out there today but they are harder to find. Most flight schools I have been checked out to rent at they should have paid me for the dual to babysit their CFIs. I feel for the younger guys that are just now starting out,good luck

Dangerkitty said:
Something just aint right here JetBluedong. Below is your quote from awhile back. In it you claim to have been flying Part 135 back in 1994. If you are now 28 that would make you 17 back in 1994. Either you are a liar or you are terrible at math. I would wager that you are a liar.

BTW, I was hired at American Airlines at the age of 27. My best friend was a B-727 Captain at UAL when he was 28 (Pre 9/11) making over $200,000 a year.
Of course now I am furloughed and he is worried that his company will be going out of business. Go ahead and brag about what you have accomplished. Karma has a funny way a sneaking up on you and smaking you back into reality.

So what is it? Were you flying Navajo's at age 17 or are you really an Airbus FO at age 28. I am guessing that it is neither. BTW, in 1994 the pilot market was terrible. You had to have 10,000 hours and 3 space shuttle landings just to get a CFI job. How in the heck did you get a Part 135 job at 17. Heck you can't even get your commercial certificate until you are 18. Oh yes, I forgot you were lying about that now weren't you.

I do like your colorful little story below however. Where did you dream that up?

Not only that, our Golden Boy Superpilot said that he got his flight training on the side while pursuing a business degree. He must have been one of the child prodigies to go to a university and get all of his ratings before 17 (with some kind of age waiver) and get a 135 job by 17.

Jetbluedog, did you download a Jet Blue Airbus for your MS flight simulator? Why don't you just make yourself a captain? Low self-esteem? Or maybe you didn't pass the MS checkride/IOE?:D

jetbluedog, what does going to college have to do with flying for Jet Blue, they could care less if you have college degree. You could have saved even more money by not going to college and have gotten hired sooner.

Latest resources

Back