Aircraft RENTAL RATES - 2005??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetbluedog

Just curious, what are UND and ERAU charging for hourly rental rates now, with and without and instructor??

I'm ready to begin laughing my ass off!!

I am paying $52.00 hour - wet, for a Mooney Ovation at a location flying club when I'm not flying the heavy metal.

your want something to laugh?

Here you go:

Spartan: C152 - $130 regardless if with or without instructor
C172 - $150 - same as above

Don't know this for a fact, but I heard ERAU is charging along the lines of $230/hr dual for the Seminole...ouch! Not sure about the 172 though.

Last edited:
mattpilot said:
your want something to laugh?

Here you go:

Spartan: C152 - $130 regardless if with or without instructor
C172 - $150 - same as above

Please tell me they have the best of the best;
Glass, 3-axis autopilot, approach coupler, reclining bucket seats, sunroof, etc...

That's a ton of cash...I think I paid $80 for a 152 with instructor and $60 without...

Mommy and Daddy's MONEY

Isn't it amazing what Mommy and Daddy will fork out to their UND and ERAU college kids so they can be a "glamorous" airline pilot?? Christ!

I went to the Unversity of Illinois, got a degree in business......but did my flight training on the side. Paid $38/hour in a C152 and an additional $10/hr with an instructor.

You guys do the MATH......look at the money I saved to get my time and ratings.......and I'm now flying for JetBlue at age 28!!

jetbluedog said:
Isn't it amazing what Mommy and Daddy will fork out to their UND and ERAU college kids so they can be a "glamorous" airline pilot?? Christ!

I went to the Unversity of Illinois, got a degree in business......but did my flight training on the side. Paid $38/hour in a C152 and an additional $10/hr with an instructor.

You guys do the MATH......look at the money I saved to get my time and ratings.......and I'm now flying for JetBlue at age 28!!

Wow, you're awesome. You should start a thread about yourself.

Cry Babies

Here come the personal attacks now from The UND and ERAU cry babies.

Don't get your underwear in a bundle fellows. Suck it up. You're wasting away your money.......you are getting "SUCKED DRY" by the fancy brochures and false-promises of landing an airline career upon graduation from your preppy aviation school.

OUCH - THAT'S GOING TO LEAVE A MARK (emotionally that is.....)!!!

minitour said:
Please tell me they have the best of the best;
Glass, 3-axis autopilot, approach coupler, reclining bucket seats, sunroof, etc...

That's a ton of cash...I think I paid $80 for a 152 with instructor and $60 without...

Well the 172's are all "R" versions about 5-7 years old. THey have standard package with auto-pilot & GPS (IFR cert) - but they recently took out all the auto pilots cause they didn't want students using them :/

The 152 are the biggest piece of shat you can find ... all 30+ years old and smelly.

Btw, the seminole is 240.- at spartan. Although technically they don't do multi engine training anymore because of all the chinese students they have :/

EDIT: btw, if ERAU's credit hours weren't so freakin expensive, i'd switch in a heartbeat! Spartan charges $230 per credit hour and i think ERAU is 3 times that much, no?

TSTC Waco (That's Texas State Technical College)

Cessna 152: Single,$60, Dual, $86

We received our first 2 new Diamond DA20-C1s in December, and those go for $20 bucks more. I'm not sure if I'm going to pay that increase to fly in a brand new plane, but it sure is tempting.

Latest resources

Back