• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Aircraft in the movie faceoff

Joined
Sep 5, 2004
Posts
113
Total Time
150
In the beginning of the movie Faceoff, they are on buisness jet with aft mounted engines, only there are two engines on each side, next to each other. Anyone know what this aircraft is?
 

Clutch_Cargo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Posts
242
Total Time
>6k
Can't remember the aircraft in the movie but what you're describing sounds like a Jetstar.

Was it like this?
 
Last edited:
Joined
Sep 5, 2004
Posts
113
Total Time
150
Yep, thats definitely it, with the pod like things under the wings. Thanks man.
 

Lrjtcaptain

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Posts
927
Total Time
2000+
Yup, the Jetstar....I love in the movies, and can't believe Travolta puts up with the fact that these aircraft for some reason in the movies only require 1 pilot. That crappy movie "Look who's talking 2" he's flying a falcon20 which for some reason he must have some waiver to fly it single pilot. At least when he pulls up in his Lear it has two crew. As for part 3. Flying a Falcon900 all over the place single pilot....hahahaha, is there no realism....well, look at the movie.

The jetstar is in Goldfinger too...**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** Galore must have the same single pilot waiver......That stuff drives me crazy.
 

CitationXDriver

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Posts
113
Total Time
2:27pm
You know what drives me crazy in the stupid movies. When it shows them boarding a Lear 25. but then the interior shots are in a freaking 747 or something, and then they show a Gulfstream landing. This is a pet peeve of mine so I pay close attention, something I have noticed is that the majority of exterior inflight shots are Gulfstreams. Must be the prestige thing. One of the worst examples I ever saw, and no, i cant remember the movie, they got into a 172 which somehow had a citation interior, very impressive I must say!
 

Bluto

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2001
Posts
1,147
Total Time
>4000
Lrjtcaptain said:
Yup, the Jetstar....I love in the movies, and can't believe Travolta puts up with the fact that these aircraft for some reason in the movies only require 1 pilot. That crappy movie "Look who's talking 2" he's flying a falcon20 which for some reason he must have some waiver to fly it single pilot. At least when he pulls up in his Lear it has two crew. As for part 3. Flying a Falcon900 all over the place single pilot....hahahaha, is there no realism....well, look at the movie.

The jetstar is in Goldfinger too...**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** Galore must have the same single pilot waiver......That stuff drives me crazy.
I'm with you on the "Look Who's Talking" thing, but Ms. Galore works for a Bond super-villain. She's watchin' her back for MI-6, I don't think she's too worried about FAA violations!
 

Ill Mitch

I like my oatmeal lumpy
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Posts
675
Total Time
31Raps
CitationXDriver said:
You know what drives me crazy in the stupid movies. When it shows them boarding a Lear 25. but then the interior shots are in a freaking 747 or something, and then they show a Gulfstream landing. This is a pet peeve of mine so I pay close attention, something I have noticed is that the majority of exterior inflight shots are Gulfstreams. Must be the prestige thing. One of the worst examples I ever saw, and no, i cant remember the movie, they got into a 172 which somehow had a citation interior, very impressive I must say!

I like when they show a 727 taking off, a 747 in cruise, and a DC-10 landing. I can't remember what I saw that one on, but I laughed. What's even funnier is that we care. Oh well.
 

SammyG

I hope its big enough
Joined
Dec 22, 2002
Posts
113
Total Time
150Hrs
CitationXDriver said:
True......so very true

Yep...I know it shouldn't..but it drove me nuts in that DeCrapio movie Catch me if You Can...when he's lookin out the window and tells Tom Hanks "Look, we're over LaGuardia's runway 44"

Or the West Wing episode when Air Force One's pilot comes over the PA and says "We've been vectored around for an approach to runway 39".

Arrrrrrgghhhhh!!
 

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Posts
607
Total Time
NA
CitationXDriver said:
One of the worst examples I ever saw, and no, i cant remember the movie, they got into a 172 which somehow had a citation interior, very impressive I must say!

That's Hollywood for ya. I love movies where someone pulls out an Uzi, and the audio sounds like someone's racking the slide on a Remington 870.
 

ISaidRightTurns

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Posts
154
Total Time
1500
I saw a movie once that showed a jet, but with prop sound effects. I think it was called aircraft or airplane or something.

Worst aviation movie ever.


Who am I kidding, I love airplane!

First Jive Dude: **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?
Second Jive Dude: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.
First Jive Dude: I say hey sky, s'other s'ay I wan say?
Second Jive Dude: UH...
First Jive Dude: Pray to J I get the same ol' same ol'.
Second Jive Dude: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man.
First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em.
First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em
First Jive Dude: Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit.
 

Dr Pokenhiemer

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Posts
301
Total Time
9000+
The Jetstar in Faceoff now belongs to Alan Jackson. It has a different paint job and a different tail number now.
 

9GClub

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
325
Total Time
105
CitationXDriver said:
You know what drives me crazy in the stupid movies. When it shows them boarding a Lear 25. but then the interior shots are in a freaking 747 or something, and then they show a Gulfstream landing.

On "I Want to be a Hilton" the other night (not that I watch that show) they showed an exterior shot of a Citation (if I remember correctly) and then a shot from the inside looking out over the port wing....... with a prop clearly visible, probably a King Air. I got mad and yelled at the TV and my sister looked at me funny.....
 

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Posts
716
Total Time
3500
Airplane !!

ISaidRightTurns said:
I saw a movie once that showed a jet, but with prop sound effects. I think it was called aircraft or airplane or something.

Worse movie you ever saw? AIRPLANE was a P-A-R-O-D-Y of aviation disaster movie genre of the time. No, this is ony of the funiest movies of all time. Even today I can watch it and find something new going on in the background thatcracks me up.

Son, your mommas legs have more time in the air than you do.
 

Ill Mitch

I like my oatmeal lumpy
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Posts
675
Total Time
31Raps
aeronautic1 said:
Worse movie you ever saw? AIRPLANE was a P-A-R-O-D-Y of aviation disaster movie genre of the time. No, this is ony of the funiest movies of all time. Even today I can watch it and find something new going on in the background thatcracks me up.

Son, your mommas legs have more time in the air than you do.

HA HA HA...
You did read all of his post, right?
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Posts
578
Total Time
1
With regards to Ms. Galore and the Jetstar,

you will notice that Mai Ling is in the right seat, reading a magazine when Bond goes back to the (most ridiculously plush) lav. By virtue of keeping the seat warm, reading, and going in the back on an errand at the captain's whim, she meets the standard corporate FO criteria.

Finally, this board is discussing the important matters!

---------------
"Black attache case damaged when examined. So sorry."
 

integrale

Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2005
Posts
20
Total Time
4000+
Then there is the ever popular domestic 747 flights that occur on a daily basis in the movies.
 
Top