Aircraft has slid off runway at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
macfly said:
Really, what happens when an airfield that meets FAA mins, but the PIC decides that he wants to takes his 100 or so passengers some where else? Does some burley hitman get dispatched from management to off your ass? Do you get labeled a MILF, and get recurrent training?

If it was really 3000 RVR at the time, that is below mins for 31C. Technically, it depends where they got the 3000RVR call. Either way, they probably need to head on down to Mr. C's for a cold one.

Guitar rocker said:
Technically, it depends where they got the 3000RVR call. Either way, they probably need to head on down to Mr. C's for a cold one.

How does that work? Touchdown controlling, right?

So if midfield was 3000 but Touchdown was 4000 they were good to go? Or am I thinking about something else?

-mini

con-pilot said:
I have flown 72s in and out of Midway, and on a good day the pucker factor is very high. Trust me you do not try to grease the airplane on. You bang it in on the end of the runway and jump on the brakes and apply maximum reverse thrust. That’s on a good weather day.
Tonight, just glad I wasn’t trying to get in there.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

con-pilot said:
I have flown 72s in and out of Midway, and on a good day the pucker factor is very high. Trust me you do not try to grease the airplane on. You bang it in on the end of the runway and jump on the brakes and apply maximum reverse thrust. That’s on a good weather day.
Tonight, just glad I wasn’t trying to get in there.

You are right on. I think I lost a little hair and made my underwear a little too brown flying out of there at times.

Thank god there are pilots like Jim Gugger and Jim Dent that have no lives, that they can volunteer their time on a Fri. night to call CNN...

Oh wait, I'm on flight info...

never mind...

back to the beer and the BJ

minitour said:
How does that work? Touchdown controlling, right?

So if midfield was 3000 but Touchdown was 4000 they were good to go? Or am I thinking about something else?

-mini

You got it right...it's TDZ RVR that counts.

Guitar rocker said:
If it was really 3000 RVR at the time, that is below mins for 31C. Technically, it depends where they got the 3000RVR call. Either way, they probably need to head on down to Mr. C's for a cold one.

I'd have one, one for chasing down the next half dozen shots that are inbound.:0

Guitar rocker said:
You got it right...it's TDZ RVR that counts.

Am I correct in assuming that is the one reported on the METAR? or would it be the lowest?

Sorry for the dumbass questions......its been a slow night here.

-mini

Latest resources

Back