• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aircraft De-icing Costs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the great responses folks. Mr/MS Moderator, hopefully this next statement is not a violation of policy. If so just delete it.

The reason for the question I placed was that I work for a company that has developed an safe, inexpensive, aircraft specific, solution for preventing delays due to de-icing on frost and light snow days that complies with the FAA regs 100%. The reason for the initial posting was that I wanted to see how much money we could be saving our clients.

If anyone is interested in finding out more PM me. I'll leave it at that on here so as to hopefully not violate the forum rules.

Warm regards...

Hangar space....$350 the night before departure. Did it 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Plus, you get to preflight in a heated hangar with a GPU.

Fluid was as much as $25.00 a gallon (EGE) and as little as $19.00 a gallon (HPN).

:)

Thanks for all the great responses folks. Mr/MS Moderator, hopefully this next statement is not a violation of policy. If so just delete it.

The reason for the question I placed was that I work for a company that has developed an safe, inexpensive, aircraft specific, solution for preventing delays due to de-icing on frost and light snow days that complies with the FAA regs 100%. The reason for the initial posting was that I wanted to see how much money we could be saving our clients.

If anyone is interested in finding out more PM me. I'll leave it at that on here so as to hopefully not violate the forum rules.

Warm regards...

My friend and I have a 100% perfect product that keeps all ice and frost from ever being able to form on the wings or horiz stab, regardless of how long it stays outside and how bad the weather. G5 would cost approximately $10,000 to purchase and a Lear 55 would cost approximately $3,000. 50% of those costs if you just want to protect the wings and then deice the tail only if needed.

But start-up costs will require about $250,000 for the manufacturing set-up fee's and some special "stuff". I have an investor considering it.

It will take about 20 minutes to set up on a G5 and about 10 minutes on a Lear 55...after the crew has parked the plane. Same time to prepare it for flight.

No STC required or FAA involvement of any kind.

We should have a prototype ready for next winter for a Lear 55 and Challenger 600. It can also keep anything from forming on the aircraft from the cabon door forward all the way to the nose.

Never having to deice wings or tails again should have some interest with aircraft owners.

My friend and I have a 100% perfect product that keeps all ice and frost from ever being able to form on the wings or horiz stab, regardless of how long it stays outside and how bad the weather. G5 would cost approximately $10,000 to purchase and a Lear 55 would cost approximately $3,000. 50% of those costs if you just want to protect the wings and then deice the tail only if needed.

But start-up costs will require about $250,000 for the manufacturing set-up fee's and some special "stuff". I have an investor considering it.

It will take about 20 minutes to set up on a G5 and about 10 minutes on a Lear 55...after the crew has parked the plane. Same time to prepare it for flight.

No STC required or FAA involvement of any kind.

We should have a prototype ready for next winter for a Lear 55 and Challenger 600. It can also keep anything from forming on the aircraft from the cabon door forward all the way to the nose.

Never having to deice wings or tails again should have some interest with aircraft owners.

You are so intelligent that you have become completely retarded.

Last edited:
Hey Fly91 - found a use for that extra MonaVie? But won't the acai berry stain the aircraft? Jut playin with ya. You were a good sport before.

I have noticed that 99% of the folks who have that Mona-Vie decal on the back of their car window are minorites. Strange.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back