Aircraft De-icing Costs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lucky

The only snow/ice our department usually sees is in the sim.

Im surprised I havnt seen someone chime in and say they have a weed/bug sprayer with some deicer sitting in the back of the plane.

Deice in Norway was going to be almost $9,000. Made the $2400 Euro a day heated hangar seem almost practical.

No way to pin down an average cost for us I'd say, but...last few seasons:

Quick wings and tail at home - about $700

Full deice after freezing fog at Basel (LFSB) - about $11,000

neither delayed departure.

We do our best to arrange departures around the need to de-ice. Our people know that and are very happy to change times, or even dates, of departure as we do mostly pleasure flying.

Sometimes moving schedule even a few hours can save thousands and lots of headaches.

We also repo out of places that leave you outside in the winter...for example: we wont sit outside in Ski town places, we will repo to front range.

Sounds about right. Considering a burger and a coke will set you back 35-50 points. Only thing cheap in Swaziland is public transportation (trams and buses, not trains).

Sounds about right. Considering a burger and a coke will set you back 35-50 points. Only thing cheap in Swaziland is public transportation (trams and buses, not trains).

Well....it was freezing fog overnight. Our Operations at the time wanted to save money on hangar space...:rolleyes:

We had to spray it down just to open the door...so it was a tremendous amount of de-icing.

Yeah, sadly, nowhere in Europe (maybe Portugal?) is much a bargain anymore.

The following are all Beechjet, Exel, and King Air

JAC - $3500 30min
TEB - $4800 45min
ASE - $3500 20min
RNO - $3000 20min
SAF - $1000 Type 1 only 15min
DRO - $500 Type 1 only 10min (frost only)
BFI - $600 " " 20min (frost)
SUN - $4400 30min
SLC - approx $4000 (Million Air) They Hangared the plane overnight but pulled it out at 8am and it snowed....a lot. I show up at 1300 and need DeIce. They tried to charge me for hangar too (ouch). The reciept was faxed to my company so I dont know exactly what it is.

$1700 for a Learjet at APA... Haven't deiced in my Citation as it is never feasable for the type of flying we do now.

My buddy had a $23,000 deice bill out of Bedford last year on the BBJ.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back