Aircraft Brokers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aircraft Brokers!

I also think using brokers are a big waste of your money. We have bought and sold a lot of airplane charters or buying airplanes in the last twenty years. Doing a good pre-buy inspection is normal in most cases, unless you trust the company selling the airplane. The brokers have made cost of airplane charters or buying planes increase for everyone. It's good money for them having only a cell phone in most cases. The cost of their overhead is very low.

The smart customers will bypass the brokers and go direct to the source!!

Aircraft Brokers for Dummies!

I've been an aircraft broker on the side for many years and believe that a good aircraft broker can 1) often find off-market aircraft that may be available through their networks, 2) can help you identify and avoid disasters in your aircraft selection. I know of a friend, who didn't use a broker, and now they've got a CE-650 in the MCO service center which has been sitting for two months with corrosion issues and has caused their owner to miss five trips... so far..., 3) 5% is a little high for a broker commission; a good broker should be clear about who they are representing- in your case- he is helping to assist YOU, the purchaser, acquire the airplane and so should be representing your best interest. If a broker is representing both you and the seller, watch out. 5% might be the total of commissions between the selling and acquiring broker. Maybe 2.5% for your side of the equation., 4) the broker can navigate the extensive legal, regulatory and tax issues that might permeate your particular sale. In some cases, this could save hundreds of thousands.

Yes, I am a broker and I do have a Falcon 50EX available if you're interested. PM me. Hope this info helps and good luck operating the Falcon- it's a remarkable airplane.

- CH

The brokers are very good talkers and salesman....It really does not matter. Everything the broker mentioned would not be needed if you did a pre-buy inspection from a Falcon Service Center or purchased the airplane from them. I think 5% is very easy money for their lack of services. It's money you could use for buying a better airplane.

Guess you don't like aircraft brokers.

I've never been one and don't want to be, but have bought many airplanes and would never buy one without a broker involved. You have to have a good one, but they earn their money.

Whose going to handle the "like kind exchange" details, perform the market research on what a/c are trading at and where they're headed, keep the deal together when things are falling apart, set the scope of the pre-buy, negotiate the squawks, investigate the damage history, determining the cost of scheduled mtx for the next 18 months, etc.?

The "useless" selling broker would be licking their chops if you show up as a buyer without a qualified advisor.

Do you really want to be blamed if things don't right with the a/c once you bought it? What's in it for you...additional pay? Betting your job on getting this right and making a couple of bucks doesn't make sense. Messing up the "like kind exchange" alone could cost millions.

Aircraft Brokers are Useless!

Guess you don't like aircraft brokers.

I've never been one and don't want to be, but have bought many airplanes and would never buy one without a broker involved. You have to have a good one, but they earn their money.

Whose going to handle the "like kind exchange" details, perform the market research on what a/c are trading at and where they're headed, keep the deal together when things are falling apart, set the scope of the pre-buy, negotiate the squawks, investigate the damage history, determining the cost of scheduled mtx for the next 18 months, etc.?

The "useless" selling broker would be licking their chops if you show up as a buyer without a qualified advisor.

Do you really want to be blamed if things don't right with the a/c once you bought it? What's in it for you...additional pay? Betting your job on getting this right and making a couple of bucks doesn't make sense. Messing up the "like kind exchange" alone could cost millions.

I just did a search on Dassault Falcon airplanes. They have a nice website with service centers and airplanes for sale. We have always went back to the factory for most of our major maintenance. I'm sure the company would demo a plane for you or help in the buying processs. I don't understand the need for a broker when dealing with a company that made the airplane. Dassault Falcon has a good reputation and are not going to rip you off.

I just did a search on Dassault Falcon airplanes. They have a nice website with service centers and airplanes for sale. We have always went back to the factory for most of our major maintenance. I'm sure the company would demo a plane for you or help in the buying processs. I don't understand the need for a broker when dealing with a company that made the airplane. Dassault Falcon has a good reputation and are not going to rip you off.

It depends on what you call getting ripped off. Dassault, like any other company, is going to make the most money that they can get on a transaction. The buyer's broker is there to get you the best deal as well as to protect you from things that are hidden in the paperwork. Doing a pre-buy inspection doesn't cover all of the things that can bite you. I have seen a deal that was done in good faith by both parties but problems were uncovered years down the road that a good broker would have been able to avoid. You are paying the broker for his knowledge and experience. Obviously you need to make sure that you get a broker with the knowledge and experience to be able to do the job for you.

Aircraft Brokers 101....

It depends on what you call getting ripped off. Dassault, like any other company, is going to make the most money that they can get on a transaction. The buyer's broker is there to get you the best deal as well as to protect you from things that are hidden in the paperwork. Doing a pre-buy inspection doesn't cover all of the things that can bite you. I have seen a deal that was done in good faith by both parties but problems were uncovered years down the road that a good broker would have been able to avoid. You are paying the broker for his knowledge and experience. Obviously you need to make sure that you get a broker with the knowledge and experience to be able to do the job for you.

I would go to Dassault Falcon to buy my airplane, unless your getting a kick back from your broker. Did you know it's common for brokers to give a finders fee?? The Dassault Falcon company would either have a plane for sale or know of one they had history in the past. Pre-buy inspection does not cover all things, so buying it from someone that stands behind it would be very smart. Your broker is not going to make things right, but Dassault Falcon would.

I don't know if your confused or getting a kick back from your broker!

I don't know why you have so much faith in Dassault to not maximize their profit but I hope that works out for you.

I would go to Dassault Falcon to buy my airplane, unless your getting a kick back from your broker. Did you know it's common for brokers to give a finders fee?? The Dassault Falcon company would either have a plane for sale or know of one they had history in the past. Pre-buy inspection does not cover all things, so buying it from someone that stands behind it would be very smart. Your broker is not going to make things right, but Dassault Falcon would.

I don't know if your confused or getting a kick back from your broker!

You know that alert and explosion sound that Clark Howard has on his radio program? That's going off in my head right now. Saying that Dassault is not going to rip you off, especially on a pre-owned is like saying that the local car dealership wouldn't rip you off. Ford Pinto or Falcon 50EX, they are the same. Get a broker to represent you- have him protect your side of the deal- he'll find a quality airplane and arrange the escrow, pre-purchase inspection, etc. Then he'll stand behind the airplane after that as well- a good broker doesn't just sell you the airplane and walk away with a check. He'll stay in the deal for the life of the airplane and hopefully sell it for you when you move up to the Global Express.A good broker becomes as much of an extension of your flight department as your MRO shop.

- LXA

Latest resources

Back