• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airbus wins order for 52 single-aisle jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CHICAGO (Dow Jones)--United Airlines, a unit of UAL Corp. (UAUA) is "looking at the full range of opportunities" for buying new narrowbody aircraft, and will make a decision this year, Kathryn Mikells, chief financial officer, said Tuesday

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/united-may-order-new-narrow-body-jets-in-2010-2009-12-08

US Airways defers 54 Airbus orders

http://www.flightglobal.com/article...ays-deferral-could-help-win-united-order.html

Plus its contract time. You need a carrot of growth to dangle right?[/QUOTE]

Oh exactly right on target...yet another tactic employed by the airline lackeys of Ford & Harrison. As if United had all sorts of money to throw at jets (same for USAir). What a joke.

What a joke?..just like the order for 25 A350-900's with options for 50 more and the order for 25 787's with options for 50 more of them too...it is not a joke...they are coming.

What a joke?..just like the order for 25 A350-900's with options for 50 more and the order for 25 787's with options for 50 more of them too...it is not a joke...they are coming.

To UNITED? Are you kidding me? There is no way you are a United pilot and actually believe that will ever actually come to fruition. OMG. :smash:
Now I understand why airline CEOs off so many early outs...get new blood in that has NO CLUE the tactics of the past and believes every press release to be reality ... Nah...never been done before...planes are NEVER "ordered" then weaseled out of before when a goal is accomplished and pilots caught off guard while chasing the carrot...:erm:

If Glenn Tilton has been hiding fictitious $$$$ for fictitious planes, he's got a lot of people in line to pay before he gets out of the mega negative digits and has any $$$ for planes. Eek...PT Barnum was right on!

Last edited:
I just barfed a little. Don't bother sending me a recall letter!

Ah, don't worry. All the old Indy Air management retreads are too busy mismanaging Compass, and throwing puppies off the roof of the HQ to revive their nightmare.

United.. right. They spent 90 mil to get out of the contract for 40 A320's 3 yrs ago. Managment at Ual and other airlines are pros at tripping over dollars to save pennies. I guess anything is possible. My scenario would be a large order of C series jets and then form an alliance with republic. Once the alliance is formed, "we have a nice deal for you on these jets" and then they would not have to worry about scope.

Have heard rumblings of AMR perhaps having discussions with Airbus recently. The thought process was to acquire A321 to replace some of the 75's.

The 321 couldn't even hold a candle to the 757. It was a VERY POOR attempt by Airbus to compete with the 757. I hope that AA is not THAT STUPID! If they are...enjoy fuel stops and cruising at FL230. That would be a sad day.

United.. right. They spent 90 mil to get out of the contract for 40 A320's 3 yrs ago. Managment at Ual and other airlines are pros at tripping over dollars to save pennies. I guess anything is possible. My scenario would be a large order of C series jets and then form an alliance with republic. Once the alliance is formed, "we have a nice deal for you on these jets" and then they would not have to worry about scope.

That statement cements it for me, It's United. That's in line with their hire right up to the furlough mentality.

Latest resources

Back