Airbus or Boeing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XXXPILOT said:
Put the Airbus magic in the Boeings and you will have a great aircraft...

One word, 777. However, it is the magic with the Boeing philosophy of keeping the pilot in the loop. So it is even better than your idea.

TP

If you look at just performance numbers the Next Gen 737 -800 is a far better performer then the A320. It goes higher, goes a little faster, burns less gas, lifts more weight and goes farther.

Old School 737 said:
If you look at just performance numbers the Next Gen 737 -800 is a far better performer then the A320. It goes higher, goes a little faster, burns less gas, lifts more weight and goes farther.

I would hope so seeing as how it was designed more than a decade after the A320 was designed. Even with that in mind it doesn't beat it by much.

D-Bo

D-Bo said:
I would hope so seeing as how it was designed more than a decade after the A320 was designed. Even with that in mind it doesn't beat it by much.

D-Bo

Considering the fact that the 737 is as old as it is, I think it deserves credit for still being competitive after all these years.

D-Bo said:

D-Bo
If you want to say that about the the 737 OK but the same is true with the 757 and the A321. The 757 came out in 1983 or 84 if I am correct and the A321 years later and there is no way a 321 will stand up to a 757. Ever!

Pugh said:
Considering the fact that the 737 is as old as it is, I think it deserves credit for still being competitive after all these years.

No doubt. I never said I didn't like the 73. I flew it for a few years and loved it. I just think that the Bus has advantages over the 73. Just pointing those out. The 73 has some advantages over the Bus but there are more than enough people willing to tell that side of it. Just offering some balance. My last reply was
referring to the performance numbers of the NG 737s v the Airbus.

D-Bo

Chronic Jetlag said:
The gear handle looks and feels like a lolly pop sticking out of the panel, the reverse thrust levers feel like two small plastic tabs you pull to pop open a can of soda. .

I like it like that. The cockpit has a very "clean" look without crap sticking out everywhere. Roomy too.

Old School 737 said:
If you want to say that about the the 737 OK but the same is true with the 757 and the A321. The 757 came out in 1983 or 84 if I am correct and the A321 years later and there is no way a 321 will stand up to a 757. Ever!

Not quite. Your analogy isn't apples to apples. The 321 is just a stretched 320. The 737NG is more than just a larger 737-300. It was designed from scratch with a new wing having it's mission to be to outperform the 320 family before the first piece was ever assembled. All Airbus did was add a plug to a 320 for the 321. It's just like the 737-400 was a poorer performer than the -300. The 737NG was designed to be a competitor to the 320 family. The 321 wasn't designed from scratch wit a purpose of beeing a better performer than the 757. Sure they intended to steal orders away from Boeing but it wasn't conceived from scratch with it's mission being to out do the 757. If they wanted to build an aircraft from scratch to out do the 757 I'm sure they could.

By the way the 757 was my favorite airplane until the 777 was built. I'm a Boeing fan but Busses aren't trash.

D-Bo

As you can tell I am a Boeing fan but I would never said the Bus is trash. I hate to say it but riding in the back of the Bus, at least the narrow body, is nicer than the Boeing. I don't know how the widbody compares as I have never been on a wide Bus.

olympus593 said:
Airbus Vs Boeing? In another few years it's going to be ERJ Vs CRJ...

Then in a few years when the erj's and crj's are being parted out it's going to be boeing Vs Douglass again:p

Latest resources

Back