• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airbus or Boeing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's kinda hard for me to compare, since I've experience on early generation Boeing (727,737) and early glass Airbus (300), but I can say both Boeing and Airbus are a joy to fly!

D-Bo said:
That's forked up. Never heard of that one happening. I know I may have sounded like a Bus salesman in this thread but in that situation you can look at it like this. In alternate law you still had more protections than you did in the 80 or the 73. Again, the protections shouldn't come into play as long as the airplane is operated in it's flight envelope but even with the failure you got you were still fine in alternate law.

I admit I haven't been on the Bus long enough to get a lot of the computer glitches you have seen. Maybe my opinion will change a year from now.

D-Bo

Sounds like you need a Law degree to fly the Bus!!

You can't beat the simplicity of the flight control system on the 80 - it's all manual reversion, all of the time (except for the power rudder.) Course, that's why it handles like a dump truck perched on top of a bowling ball.

Hugh Jorgan said:
I think you are confusing that with flying for the Air Force;)

I wouldn't know... the Air Force actually calls that "flying"?:D

"Alternate law"... can't Airbus stick to flying basics? What does that mean anyway?

Enjoying the "LRD" displays on the 80 (little round dials),

Latest resources

Back