Air Wiskey or Xjet,, serious responses would be great

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
justenjoyflyin said:
thanks saint,, i think i made up my mind but i have a little more time,, my sim partner from current 121 was from und,,, have you applied to any of these companies,, i think my company is going to have ongoing hiring if your interested.

Actually these are the two companies I am hoping to hear from :) So I truly understand your dilemma. If you want to talk more about it drop me a PM.

I work for AWAC. The upgrades are right at the 3 year point and are going to dip below 3 years for probably the next 6 months or so. USAirways is stable and is going to come out swinging.

Either company will be good for you. I think the difference between the two is this: Air Willy is going through the painful portion of life RIGHT now. Co. is getting ready to put the screws to CoEx. If you think that isn't so, I have a bridge to sell you.

B777 said:
I don't think you necessarly have to work at XJT to know what is going on with their contract. Their contract with CAL will be expiring sometimes in the next year or so, don't hold me up on the date. And CAL is asking them to lower the rate. I believe they are currently in negotiations.

I have corrected you before and I'll do so again. The XJT contract with CAL (know as the CPA) does not as you say "expire in the next year or so." The only thing that is expiring is the exclusivity in the hubs. There is a big difference. Adios.

I wish someone could make me feel better about CoEx. Im really hoping to get on there (& I wish I could take me own advice lol!) but I get nervous when trying to plan my next move and listen to people doom CoEx in the semi-near future :(

Boondock Saint said:
I wish someone could make me feel better about CoEx. Im really hoping to get on there (& I wish I could take me own advice lol!) but I get nervous when trying to plan my next move and listen to people doom CoEx in the semi-near future :(

CoEx is one of the best. No doubt about it. In this highly unpredictable industry when you actually can see the writing on the wall you have to at least give it a second look. I'm not saying CoEx is doomed, all I'm saying is be prepared to deal with all the things that come with whipsawing. Yes we are all or will become the victims of the whipsaw. But the fight becomes harder when your employer is basically tied to your partner ( it does not matter if you have or will have the "freedom" to fly for other carriers).

I spent the first three years of my career at XJ. I learned my lesson. When I decided it was time to leave I had offers with ComAir and Air Wisconsin. I was lucky to have offers from two of the best carriers with industry leading contracts at the time, but when it came to ComAir I saw how dependant they were on Delta and it reminded me of XJ.

The last three years I've spent here at Air Wisco haven't been easy either, espeacially right now during the transition. Scheduling issues, short staffed, etc, etc......but I think that's alot better than what alot of other pilots are facing right now. Yeah the guys running this company managed to get a few dollars back from our last contract which was bull, but in the grand scheme of things they kept this company and all of us above water. I believe the only reason they've managed to do this is because we are a privately held airline and nobody from United, AirTran, or USAir is sitting at the helm.

Something to think about.

AD

Last edited:
I think cheaper, not better. Plenty of that out there.
My 2 cents
Cheers
Mongolikecandy said:
Wisconsin and United used to hve a good working realtionship that was working yet they changed it. The problem here is you are using common sense. Think like an airline exec. and throw logic out the window. It all comes down to who is cheaper, not who provides a better product.

Latest resources

Back