Air Wiskey or Xjet,, serious responses would be great

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
justenjoyflyin said:
I am from nj closer to philly so obviously air wiskey would be better but I really dont care where I live. I have a class date already with one of the companies and I took it,, I am afraid I might get the offer from the other one and not have enough time to let the first one know,,, not to mention I still have to put in my two weeks at my current 121.. Guess I have to do a little soul searching.. Both planes are great but I know most people say the erj is better,, who knows air wis might have 70 seaters soon enough.

Sounds to me that you have an AWAC class date right??

Advancement at AWAC is going to be pretty swift for a while to come. Those here with only say 5 years have had at least 3 domicile changes / displacements moving them across most of the country and have had enough of it. Also they have (at 5 years) probably been in the RJ for close to 2 years as PIC and can now get positions at JB, AWA and the like, and are doing so.

AWAC have said they will not be getting 70 seaters as the economics aren't there and will soon be like the 50 seaters in a few years. USAir wants the CRJ900 (get's around the AWA agreement) and this may well happen. You already live on the east coast so their bases should suit you just fine.

Superpilot92 said:
You people saying Xjet is going to get hosed dont even work here so what do you know? Nothing but rumors, doom and gloom. Cal and XJET have a really good working relationship and it really isnt in CALs best intrest to change a good thing. Its working why change. Plus CALs scope clause says nothing bigger than 50 seats will be flown by anyone else but CAL for now so we will see. Who really knows. Take it day by day.

Needless to say both are good companies choose the company that has the bases you want. Its all a crapshoot where ever you go. Its a great job in a horrible industry.

I don't think you necessarly have to work at XJT to know what is going on with their contract. Their contract with CAL will be expiring sometimes in the next year or so, don't hold me up on the date. And CAL is asking them to lower the rate. I believe they are currently in negotiations.

nope have a class date at the other one ,, and dont think air willie will tell me before i start ,, which is fine b/c i like both airlines and i dont think cal is going to ever let xjet go hopefully not

One thing I love about XJT is they let you know if you are hired on the spot. No agony for days thereafter! You know, like you'll be glued to your phone after an interview waiting for that call. And then you keep on checking your messages just incase the message notification is not working! :) They still tell you on the spot, or have they changed that?

mooser said:
The most Junior Capt at XJET is a 2004 hire in EWR...6 months senior to me....

Mooser

Mooser, hate to break it to you but the music is going to stop or at least slow down. I was in your class and don't expect to see the left for many many moons. Put down the Kool Aid. Besides you're in CLE, the base with the slowest upgrade if memory serves. XJT is a great place and doubt we'll lose the flying but upgrades will slow.

Not that I am an expert...Im looking for that regional job as well and would love to be in your spot...but...

First of all dont use equipment as part of your decision. Its only equipment...it may seem like a big deal now but you will realize that its really not later on.

I second the notion of picking the one that has the domicle you want...it may go alot towards quality of life.

Try not to be naive and uneducated...but go with what you know about the two RIGHT NOW. Dont try to forcast for either of the two. Recent events have proven that even the best fall victim quickly and what seems like intense potential one day changes drastically overnight. Dont take everything people say around here too seriously. People have the same resources you do. Dont shy away from one place based on what someone guesses for the future. You are going to roll the dice no matter what direction you turn in this industry so make your best guess and stick to your guns.

Now you are playing the game.

Both seem to be great places...both have happy pilots...both have potential. So...location seems to be the only open factor. If they are both level in your world all you have to decide is where you would like to live :)

Congrats on having your decision and best of luck to you!

thanks saint,, i think i made up my mind but i have a little more time,, my sim partner from current 121 was from und,,, have you applied to any of these companies,, i think my company is going to have ongoing hiring if your interested.

Latest resources

Back