Air Wisconsin

Mtnjam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Posts
146
Total Time
6k+
Anyone know the deal with Air Wisconsin?? Are they hiring?? How long does it take them to call you back for an interview?? What's the best way to apply. I sent them my stuff via email..... They have an add out saying that they're hiring all positions for DCA. FA's, Rampers, Pilot's, etc. The whole shooting match!!!! That's my gig right there if I can get them to call me back!!!
 

wheelsup

Non-Registered User
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Posts
737
Total Time
>1
Mtnjam said:
Anyone know the deal with Air Wisconsin?? Are they hiring?? How long does it take them to call you back for an interview?? What's the best way to apply. I sent them my stuff via email..... They have an add out saying that they're hiring all positions for DCA. FA's, Rampers, Pilot's, etc. The whole shooting match!!!! That's my gig right there if I can get them to call me back!!!
FYI, my sim instructor has been with the company for 6 years and they are just able to hang on to DCA reserve as a CA. It's VERY senior.

I sent my stuff via snail mail, fax, and email on the same day, and got a call about 9 days later. No 135 or 121 time.

~wheelsup
 

illeagle

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Posts
116
Total Time
2500
does AWAC still fly those 4 engine BA-146's? Are they hiring into those bad boys? Seems like with 4 engines it isn't cheap to operate...
 

Pedro

Not too happy...
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Posts
401
Total Time
$$$$$$
illeagle said:
does AWAC still fly those 4 engine BA-146's? Are they hiring into those bad boys? Seems like with 4 engines it isn't cheap to operate...

They are but they are only running 2 engines at a time.
 

Victor Meldrew

I dont bloody believe it!
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Posts
258
Total Time
Enough
illeagle said:
does AWAC still fly those 4 engine BA-146's? Are they hiring into those bad boys? Seems like with 4 engines it isn't cheap to operate...
They will all be gone at the end of the '06 ski season.
 

Mtnjam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Posts
146
Total Time
6k+
confusion

I think people are getting confused when you talk about Washington D.C. I called HR today and they are using Dulles right now. Your sim instructor may only be able to hold that on reserve as a Capt. D.C.A. has not been opened up yet, so nobody is holding anything there right now I guess. F.Y.I. Reagan is not a commuter friendly airport. Loads are always full and hotels run $100 bucks a day for commuters. Good luck on that.
 

FlyinPiker

Incon-fricking-spicuous
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Posts
348
Total Time
*_*
Mtnjam said:
I think people are getting confused when you talk about Washington D.C. I called HR today and they are using Dulles right now. Your sim instructor may only be able to hold that on reserve as a Capt. D.C.A. has not been opened up yet, so nobody is holding anything there right now I guess. F.Y.I. Reagan is not a commuter friendly airport. Loads are always full and hotels run $100 bucks a day for commuters. Good luck on that.
We have been awarded positions for the new bases already including DCA. 5 year captain would be on reserve on there. I glanced at the F/O list and saw some reserve guys that have been here just shy of a year. I think junior line holder F/O's have maybe been here about two.
 

illeagle

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Posts
116
Total Time
2500
I really need to make more $ and get out of my current 135 job which is a seasonal piston. 2500TT 900ME . Flt Options, Flexjet, Netjets, Regionals, 7-Eleven, WW You DO? My crystal ball is MEL'd
 

illeagle

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Posts
116
Total Time
2500
I'm not saying I'm ace of the base, but I wouldn't call myself low time...2500TT 1500 dual given and 900ME? Low time to be a GV captain...
 

WhiteCloud

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Posts
1,012
Total Time
4,000
illeagle said:
I'm not saying I'm ace of the base, but I wouldn't call myself low time...2500TT 1500 dual given and 900ME? Low time to be a GV captain...
Ooops...sorry about that. Didn't mean to be insulting at all. Pay attention to the rest of the message though about the turbine experience. You need to get it somewhere to fill out your resume.
 

J32driver

Strokin it...
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Posts
716
Total Time
8000+
illeagle said:
I really need to make more $ and get out of my current 135 job which is a seasonal piston. 2500TT 900ME . Flt Options, Flexjet, Netjets, Regionals, 7-Eleven, WW You DO? My crystal ball is MEL'd
With that kinda time you can go to any regional you want. If you live on the east coast, I would recommend looking hard at Air Willy.
 

illeagle

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Posts
116
Total Time
2500
J32driver said:
With that kinda time you can go to any regional you want. If you live on the east coast, I would recommend looking hard at Air Willy.
Air Willy, Would that be Air Wisconsin?
 

Mtnjam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Posts
146
Total Time
6k+
Dca

So your thoughts of a new hire F/O getting DCA are not good?? They are advertising they are short pilots for the DCA location. So if I did hold DCA I would most likely be stuck on reserve for quite some time??? Leaving a job where I hold a deascent line but commute for a job where I'm on reserve at home and flying out of DCA?? hmm.......... What to do??? Depends how they treat your folks on reserve?? Where I'm at they treat the reserve pilots like complete Sh!t!!! Input is helpful....... Thanx,
 

DASHDRIVER

Uber User
Joined
Dec 9, 2001
Posts
265
Total Time
5500
At the current level of attrition I don't think anyone will be on reserve very long unless you go to PHL. That seems to be were everyone over 1 year of seniority decided to go. And as for how they treat reserves, well it is reserve but its better than were I was before. 2 hour call out, the union is discussing with the company to raise that to 3 or 4 hours. Normal scheduale is 5 on 3 off. Better pack for 5 though even if they only give you an out and back things tend to change.
 
Top