Air Wisconsin minimums lowered?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

imr125

According to the AWAC web site the minimums are 1000/250. But according to the recorded employment message the minimums are 1500/500. Does anybody know which one is correct?

Thanks!

Just apply and hope for the best.

1000/250 are there current minimums. They were just changed about 2 weeks ago from the 1500/500.

Does anyone know why they would lower their minimums at this time? The last I knew the pilot shortage was in Kit Darby's head. I mean even eagle had minimums of 1500/300 and only recently lowered them to 1200/200, and haven't heard many people talk very kindly about Eagle whereas good things have been said about AWAC.

I don't understand lowering the mins either. Not that mins matter much anyway. I haven't heard a peep from anyone that I shotgunned resumes to after I hit 1000/100.

pipejockey said:
Does anyone know why they would lower their minimums at this time? The last I knew the pilot shortage was in Kit Darby's head. I mean even eagle had minimums of 1500/300 and only recently lowered them to 1200/200, and haven't heard many people talk very kindly about Eagle whereas good things have been said about AWAC.
There is a longer upgrade time expected at Air Wisconsin right now. No need to hire pilots able to make a quick upgrade or who would move on quickly.

Actually, if anyone is trying to get hired on at AWAC with low time--go for it. There have been several newhires recently with around 1000 hours, some with less through a goofy bridge type program. I might even go so far as to say that low time people are more appealing to the company right now, as they will not be so disappointed by a long upgrade time. My personal thoughts on the company: Good people in the flight department (with a few exceptions) --most pilots are pretty normal. The poor internal communication, low morale, and lack of future growth are the drawbacks. Other complaints are probably just industry standard issues. Good luck.

Anyone know the recommended way to apply. The AirWhiskey website is a trainwreck at the moment.

JobHuntr said:
There have been several newhires recently with around 1000 hours, some with less through a goofy bridge type program.
So why is the Bridge program "goofy" in your eyes? Because they might hire some people that haven't flight Instructed? Are the people from this "goofy" bridge program not competent? Do you know the backgrounds of the pilots getting hired from this "goofy" bridge program? I said it in another thread and I'll say it again, flight instructing is not the only valid way to an airline job. And to head off the hate, I am adamately opposed to PFT. Bridge programs are not PFT. Not one dollar goes from student to airline.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back