• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

air wisconsin flying NW rj's???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Express is only allowed to fly thirty 50 seaters, why did NWA order 46 of them? Or am I missing something here?

I just got back from 3 days at MEM... THe story is...NWA orginally ordered 50 for EXA, but due to NWA cutting back the narrow body fleet the scope clause caps us at 30. The balance will be converted to 44 seaters commencing sometime in Jan at a rate of 2 a month. No news of any reasonable assurance on the 75 44 seaters ordered by NWA. The only thing I heard management and union say was 2 per month for next year. Have no clue if this is part of the 75 or the balance of the 50.

As usual the pilots will be the last to know

One final question to anybody who can answer. Does EXA have a separate pay scale for the 44 seater or is it the same as the 50? Mesaba is in negotiations for our next contract and we have yet to settle on a 44 seat pay rate. This is probably the single biggest reason NWA hasn' made it known who will be flying the new order.

2 themes on this...

1... NWA has asked EXA to come up with a seperate 44 seater pay scale, it would affect Captains much more than FO's. The pilot group to my knowledge is completely against it

2... NWA has asked EXA for a 2 year extension to our contract, again to my knowledge "most" of the pilot group is against it

last comment, this is mixed as I have heard it from union, CP, and other various mgmt and base mgrs... No "compromise" may equal NO additional 44 seat jets.

One of the reasons the pilot group is against the pay scale, is based on NWA plans within 18 months we would have 1/2 the fleet at 44 seaters, hence we would be taking a pay cut within the time frame. I think I heard something like $48 for Captains as the base, I do not know the top end.

What are they projecting for XJ in fleet size and base pay?

No definitive word on a pay scale or fleet size. $48 an hour!! Thats absolutely ridiculous. Thats about what I get paid to fly the sabb. I sure hope EXA MEC does'nt bow to NWA pressure here. If they do, they'll be doing everyone in the industry a great disservice. :eek: :mad:

It will probably wind up goiing before an arbritrator to determine. At least that is where it looks like its headed.

I think most if not all EXA guys will agree... I do not know why they are asking for a different pay scale for 6 less seats? Let's get real, the ARJ is some 25 less seats and "maybe" there is argument for a different pay scale but for 6? The word is mgmt claim is for 6 less seats the aircraft will not be profitable at 50 seat rates.

I don't think anyone knows what the MEC is thinking, but I do know that that some union rep's are "suggesting" seeking other employment with other CL-65 operators....

any derivative of the CL-65... In any seating combination must be flown at 50 seat rates.. Anything less is ludicrous!!! its the company's choice to take them out in order to buy a cheaper aircraft -ITS THE SAME **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** PLANE. We fought this battle and won at Comair. don't cheapen the industry, instead pick up the ball and run with it. Anything less than a gain over us is actually a loss.

I hear you on the 50 seat rate.... But you have to understand we have a "few" who would rather take the decrease to get the jets...

A while ago some took a lesser contract to get jets on the property, so let just say the pilots have already set a preceedence on negioating, so you cannot blame the company for trying.

Mgmt is holding the jets sort of hostage for some type of concessions, whether it be a 2 year extension of the contract, a 44 seat rate, or whatever they are going to try next.

I cannot even tell how many are for a decrease, but I can say there are plenty for new jets and enough against anymore jets.

Latest resources

Back