Air Wisconsin flushes pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What?

Anyway, I'm done griping about this now. I was mainly concerned about the poolies who are currently furloughed or otherwise unemployed. I currently have a job that I would not leave for AWAC anyway, so it's a moot point.

What? When a person has a job and is in a pool for a second employeer and the first employeer decides to furlough the pilot, the second employeer has no say in it. Does AWAC have a responcibility to see that TSA or Lakes doesn't furlough any AWAC poolies?

When a person has a job and is in a pool for a second employeer and the first employeer decides to fire the pilot, the second employeer has no say in it. If the pilot quits the job before receiving a class date at the second employeer, or quits well before an assigned clase date, it is the pilot's own risk that the world won't change and the offer will always be there.

It sure would be nice if Logic classes were again required for High School or College degrees.

S.

In my class alone June 4th, 2001, we had guys with no prior 121 time OR 135 time. Please have you facts straight before posting heresay and conjecture, SuperD.

What? When a person has a job and is in a pool for a second employeer and the first employeer decides to furlough the pilot, the second employeer has no say in it. Does AWAC have a responcibility to see that TSA or Lakes doesn't furlough any AWAC poolies?

Of course not. I was not implying that it was AWAC's FAULT that those pilots were furloughed. I was merely being sympathetic to those who are furloughed and were looking forward to working at AWAC, that's all. I'm sure we've all experienced disappointment at one time or another in this business.

When a person has a job and is in a pool for a second employeer and the first employeer decides to fire the pilot, the second employeer has no say in it. If the pilot quits the job before receiving a class date at the second employeer, or quits well before an assigned clase date, it is the pilot's own risk that the world won't change and the offer will always be there.

Absolutely. We had a bunch of our pilots get burned by this exact circumstance after Sept 11th.

AWACoff,

I should have chosen my words more carefully. I didn't mean to say that they ONLY hired pilots with previous 121 or 135 experience. However, when our company furloughed last July we held a job fair for the pilots. AWAC was one of the first ones to come running since we all had prior 121 turbine experience.

SuperD

There is no doubt that AWAC prefers applicants with prior 121 time (hence their fetish involving Lakers, Skyway, Commutair...). I just didn't want guys thinking they didn't have a chance without 121 time. See Yooooooooo!
Steve

the future

I know it will suck to hear this but maybe pay for training will show its ugly face again at some airlines. AWAC has never done that and probably wont ever. They get around it by posting higher minimums for applicants. I hope now that so many applicants are around that some airlines don't bring it back. If you have the money then knock yourself out but it keeps an airline from always getting the most qualified pilots if you know what I mean. Some of the most qualified pilots wont pay. I don't want to start a pay for training argument and I have no ill feelings of those that did pay for training. I am just trying to point out something. Enough of that. Why did I open my big mouth?

rumour has it that air wiskey is leaving ord. ever notice how aca is ever so slowly creeping its way down the F gates and now the E gates. just one of those Hmmmm things.

another hot one is that soon there will be no air wiskey.:confused:

rumour has it that air wiskey is leaving ord. ever notice how aca is ever so slowly creeping its way down the F gates and now the E gates. just one of those Hmmmm things.

The leaving ORD thing could be true in that we won't base anything there. All those 146's you see going in and out of there, and not one of them is based in ORD. They come from ATW and DEN. We have our new maintenance base open in Milwaukee, so an educated guess would have no more official bases in ORD, but still do ORD flying, with the CRJ's coming from DEN and Milwaukee.

It is true that ACA is using UNITED's E and F gates in terminal 2. But have you noticed our 146's are over on the C gates now? You can bet we won't be there forever and eventually we'll need to start using UNITED's gates in the E and F areas. I'm sure we'll be sharing them with ACA.

All is not lost for AirWis in ORD. Last week we announced two flights a day from ORD to Atlanta, and six a day between Atlanta and Dulles. And for the rest of the rumor of us not existing, I couldn't tell you. I'm not an owner, I don't' know if we're for sale or if someone is offering. We're not public so no one is told ANYTHING until is happens. I'm an AirWis guy so I would be second to last to know what we're doing, how an ACA guy knows what we're doing is beyond me as he will be the last to know. Another consideration is that while we're loosing flying out of ORD, we're gaining routes in both Denver and Los Angeles. Again let me stress this: ALL OF THE FLYING IS UNITED'S. THOSE GATES IN ORD AREN'T OURS, THE ROUTES WE FLY AREN'T AIR WISCONSIN'S. The routes we "gain" today will hopefully be going back to the new and improved United and we can send the RJ's to the smaller markets as they were intended.

S.

Treetop,
Thanks for propagating completely asinine rumors when you have no facts or sources to back it up. It makes you look like an idiot. The next time you want to post some "juicy" tidbit, please make sure it has even a shred of credibility.
Pathetic.

Last edited:
jerkoff, i mean AWACOFF

i will post juicy tidbits whenever i feel the need thanks. i am sorry you feel threatened by fun rumor sharing amongst different pilot groups, i am sure that air whiskey is fine, ACA is fine, and everyone is fine.

good day

Latest resources

Back