• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin Begins Recalls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't forget. That information wasn't given to us when I made the original post. It looks as though we'll be training furloughies for 2.5 months starting at the end of July. After they are back, we'll need more folks. I didn't post it here when I heard this news yesterday because plans change and I was waiting to see if I could learn more about it.

I don't know how many we'll need, when we'll start interviewing or what our hiring mins are right now.

S.

Flew with a MGT pilot the other day and as far as mins for new hires they won't be far off what we look at now. He said that to get an interview best bet is to be refered by a current pilot. In any case, OTS or not, they will look for totals in the region of 2000TT, 1000 PIC (or current 121), 500MEL, & ATP.

Air Wisconsin and the other UAX carriers will be getting lots of CRJs and lots of UAL mainline routes in the near future. The recalls and hiring must start soon to prepare for this.

questions, questions...

Hi everyone, I've got a bunch of questions if anyone has the time (and answers)...

I've been patiently waiting for something to happen at SkyWest, but things are looking further and further distant there. I'm still not in the pool yet, although I had previously hoped to be swimming soon. Now who knows? SkyWest was appealing for many reasons including California domiciles. Now that Air Wisconsin may be hiring soon, I think I need to explore further.

Here are my questions:

1. Possibility of a new California domicile with expanded western routes?? (if not, then commute feasibility from SF Bay Area)

2. Pay the first few years -- I've seen the previous contract posts, but what does it work out to "all in" per month, roughly

3. upgrade time

4. equipment likely for new hires

5. Typical schedule. Is it possible to have a family life outside of the job (especially when the family is back in CA)?

Thanks in advance,
BW

I signed my intent to return from recall yesterday. I also recieved all of my manuals on Monday. This certainly appears to be the real deal. I also just got my license for real flying...giddyup!

Re: questions, questions...

Here are my questions:

1. Possibility of a new California domicile with expanded western routes?? (if not, then commute feasibility from SF Bay Area)

There are continued rumors of both a LAX & IAD base. But being a private company we won't know until the week before.

2. Pay the first few years -- I've seen the previous contract posts, but what does it work out to "all in" per month, roughly

If you sit reserve then it will work out about $1800/mth. Line holding $2350 1st year. 2nd year line holder $3240 give or take at todays contract. Expect about 80 credit hours and 280 TAFB.

3. upgrade time

It has slowed down since 9/11 obviously but was about 14-18 months. Now it is about 2 years. however that is because we have reduced the doorknobs and 146's but have only recieved 14 out of 75 RJ's so it will pick back up. Probably about the same for most regionals I suspect.

4. equipment likely for new hires

95% chance of the RJ.

5. Typical schedule. Is it possible to have a family life outside of the job (especially when the family is back in CA)?

Varies, but around 3 on 4 off. Although of late screw schedulling have been doing 4 on 3 off. Most lines are commutable. Averaging about 14 - 15 days off a month.

Last edited:
Question? If they have only recalled 18 out of the 39 then how can they resume hiring? Someone previously had mentioned about three months after the first recalls, but the other 19 have to get the call as well, right? Thanks

Once the recalls start, things will probably move pretty fast. The chief pilot told me they expect everybody to be recalled by fall. Withe ASSUMPTION that nothing bad happens and that deliveries stay on schedule, AWAC will have to start hiring again.

Hard to say since I don't know details of Comairs contract. I do know that we got better pay but don't know by how much. I think a couple of bucks and hour. A lot more than pay is involved in a good contract. You could get all the pay in the world but not have a life. That would suck. At AWAC I have no complaints but you would have to ask details for that question if you really want to have it answered.

Latest resources

Back