Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
We just received word today that Air Wisconsin intends to call back 18 of the 39 furloughed folks and have them online sometime around August of '02. They will be Dornier 328 F.O.s in Denver. We don't have any information about the remaining furloughies yet, as this recall doesn't staff enough folks for the end of the year. We still have some pilots on the street, but the return process has begun!

S.

Last edited:
Beechnut,
That's great news to hear...unfortunately I am number 7 for recall and I have heard nothing about this. If they have begun recalling, they have not told the furloughees about it. Thank you for the info however. I hope it is true. I need to finish up my skydiving license ASAP if this is true.

Steve

Update: I was on the Air Willy pilots forum. A management person who is keeps us (pilots) in the loop has posted that a Pilot Information File (PIF) was issued that stated 18 total recalls starting in late July. This is not concrete obviously as things are subject to change at any time. I won't get my hopes up until I am sitting in recurrent. June 15th furloughees were told that the airline was properly staffed with no recalls until the fall. We have already been told that we would be recalled in June. Notice how fast things change? It's hard to be optimistic anymore. Thanks for the kind words Positive Rate. If anybody is looking for a Jump Pilot job, there may be an opening in Green Bay, WI. 500TT minimum. C182s. Our new pilot is doing great...be just like him and get paid to have fun!

Last edited:
It is true

If I remember correctly from the update the first 10 recalls will be in class on July 29 to be on line by August the 19th. This is to free up some other people to go to RJ training. The class will be shortened since almost all the furloughees have all had a PC within the last year. Get some study material from Appleton if you can. A lot has changed recently with the QRH in the 328 and all. The furlough hot line is late if the news is not on it now. I guess ALPA was just notified like Thursday night. Welcome back and hopefully this is just the start of a large amount of growth for AWAC. Look forward to flying with you all.

Bac Jets?

I also heard that all displaced 146 Captains/FO's will be back in the 146. Also, a possibilty of acquiring 4 Avro RJ-85's. Air Wis is looking to send 4 of the oldest 146's back to BAe and there just happen to be 4 Avro's available. It's all just speculation at this point though.

Cheers,

Skyking:cool:

I also heard that all displaced 146 Captains/FO's will be back in the 146. Also, a possibilty of acquiring 4 Avro RJ-85's. Air Wis is looking to send 4 of the oldest 146's back to BAe and there just happen to be 4 Avro's available. It's all just speculation at this point though.

Sheesh, where'd you hear that? I doubt we'll dump four aircraft to bring in different aircraft and start a new fleet. Our BAE-146's are NOT RJ-85's. You don't jump from one into another one. And not to beat a dead horse, but why would we start a new fleet with an aircraft that isn't built anymore?

Go find your source and bother them frequently.

S.

Our BAE-146's are NOT RJ-85's. You don't jump from one into another one. And not to beat a dead horse, but why would we start a new fleet with an aircraft that isn't built anymore?

It is obvious that you do not fly that particular aircraft, sir. Ask any of the 146 drivers why their license says - Avro RJ/146 Series-

Nowhere did I mention about starting a new fleet. Only replacing aging aircraft with newer ones.

And by the way my source is very reliable. Anyway, I thought I had mentioned it was only speculation at this point.

Keep your stick on the ice!

Skyking

True! I don't fly it! ...not to get into a pissing contest.... but forget what their certificates say, they are not the same airplane. Bringing in RJ-85's requires training for the 146 crews. Setting up a training program is expensive and you have to wonder if it is worth doing for 4 aircraft. The RJ-85's are glass, the 146's are not. They do have some differences in systems too!

Enough!

S.

It is nice to hear these positive rumors about AWAC and things are definitely looking up. However, some truth to this AVRO rumor could be flying around. I heard from a management pilot that they have looked at the AVRO but that does not mean anything, remember Bombardier looked at Dornier. They dont call the BAC the bacasaurus for nothing. They do have to replace some aging airplanes with something. Some of the old Bae146's are mx hogs and cost a lot to keep up. I think by law AVRO/BAe has to provide support for like twenty-five years or something even if the aircraft are out of rproduction. Don't quote me on that.

You also forgot to mention that it looks like the company will start new hire classes before the year is out. The current aircraft delivery schedule shows a short fall in pilots :)

Latest resources

Back